United Kingdom, Slough
Today Lonza is a global leader in life sciences. We are more than 15,000 employees in more than 100 locations around the world. While we work in science, there’s no magic formula to how we do it. Our greatest scientific solution is talented people working together, devising ideas that help businesses to help people. In exchange, we let our people own their careers. Their ideas, big and small, genuinely improve the world. And that’s the kind of work we want to be part of.
We are currently looking for an experienced Production Scheduler to join our Production team to be based in Slough.
The Production Scheduler will administer & communicate the master production schedule to ensure facility capacity is aligned to customer demand whilst supporting the business in the day to day execution of production scheduling and materials management.
The main focus for the position will compile, agree and maintain the Production Schedule with the Manufacturing, CD, PM and MSAT teams to deliver customer requirements.
- Coordinate the scheduling of Engineering and Validation works within the Manufacturing facility.
- Maintain batch release schedule with accurate data
- Communication of production schedule to relevant parties
- Prepare inputs to the Weekly Operations Sales and Planning (WOSP) meetings and issue minutes
- Input to the Slough Site S&OP Pack prepared by PM Admin Team
- Maintain and update Manufacturing KPIs
- Arrange Manufacturing plant tours (internal and external)
- Produce planned vs actual raw material usage for GMP batches with MSAT and Production teams to forward to PMs
What we need you to have:
- Qualified to degree level in Engineering or Scientific (all areas)
- Experience in similar role within manufacturing/FMCG
- Strong analytical skills with the ability to define metrics (KPI’s) and identify issues through root cause analysis
- Ability to use production scheduling systems
- Competent using MS Office suite, particularly Excel and PowerPoint
- Ability to utilise Business Intelligence systems to extract data and generate report
Every day, Lonza’s products and services have a positive impact on millions of people. For us, this is not only a great privilege, but also a great responsibility. How we achieve our business results is just as important as the achievements themselves. At Lonza, we respect and protect our people and our environment. Any success we achieve is no success at all if not achieved ethically.
People come to Lonza for the challenge and creativity of solving complex problems and developing new ideas in life sciences. In return, we offer the satisfaction that comes with improving lives all around the world. The satisfaction that comes with making a meaningful difference.