Today Lonza is a global leader in life sciences. We are more than 15,000 employees in more than 100 locations around the world. While we work in science, there’s no magic formula to how we do it. Our greatest scientific solution is talented people working together, devising ideas that help businesses to help people. In exchange, we let our people own their careers. Their ideas, big and small, genuinely improve the world. And that’s the kind of work we want to be part of.
In this key role you will manage and oversee our payroll processes (for CH) with our third party payroll provider. You will be responsible for an accurate payment of the salaries for Lonza employees in Switzerland and manage all payroll relevant topics concerning expats (e.g. shadow payroll) in close cooperation with internal and external partners.
- Manage and oversee our third party payroll provider for employees based in Switzerland (incl. BOD & International Assignees). Instruct and control the payroll provider concerning all legal changes (e.g. withholding tax), non-legal changes (e.g. new premium for accident insurance) and company internal adaptions (e.g. employee regulations)
- Perform payroll-related functions under country and local laws, including but not limited to processing new hires, international transfers, termination status changes, tax changes, wage garnishments, deductions, and direct deposit, child allowances, etc.
- Collect payroll benefit information from various sources and provide monthly payroll instructions to our payroll provider. Performs checks for internal payroll data, calculates overtime and other pay premiums, and enters payroll data in accordance with country regulations
- Processing of monthly, quarterly and yearly tasks (ELM, Pro Familia, BESTA, salary certificate, etc.). Execution of diverse reports
- Communicate with employees of all levels regarding payroll matters, including troubleshooting of issues
- Cooperate with various external and internal (HR, Finance/Accounting, Treasury, Tax, Legal, IT, Global Mobility) partners. Assists with internal, external and statutory audits as needed
- Assists with ad-hoc projects as necessary and perform any other job duties
- Experience as a payroll specialist or in a similar role, previous experience with third party payroll provider is preferred
- Excellent knowledge of Swiss payroll specificities and best practices (ELM, Pro Familia, BESTA, salary certificate, etc.)
- Strong ability to work in a dynamic, matrix environment
- Strong communication skills, both written and verbal in German and English
- Excellent attention to detail
- Great interpersonal and customer-facing skills
- Ability to work independently with strong self-initiative
People come to Lonza for the challenge and creativity of solving complex problems and developing new ideas in life sciences. In return, we offer the satisfaction that comes with improving lives all around the world. The satisfaction that comes with making a meaningful difference.