Accounts Receivable Clerk
Today Lonza is a global leader in life sciences. We are more than 15,000 employees in more than 100 locations around the world. While we work in science, there’s no magic formula to how we do it. Our greatest scientific solution is talented people working together, devising ideas that help businesses to help people. In exchange, we let our people own their careers. Their ideas, big and small, genuinely improve the world. And that’s the kind of work we want to be part of.
The Collections Clerk is responsible for providing effective, efficient financial and administrative operations for the accounts receivable service. Working towards global KPI in reducing aged debt and ensuring DSO stays within target. Increasing cash flow through payment term compliance monitoring, liaising with key stake holders such as sales, sales support and programme managers. Building relationships to achieve the team goal. This role has become available due to exciting growth within the team and our Shared Service center, the role provides a great opportunity to join a business that continues to grow, succeed and make a meaningful difference.
Please note this is a 6-12 month fixed term contract.
- Proactive chasing of open items through phone calls and Emails.
- Running, analyzing and reviewing weekly collections reports including open queries.
- Month End reporting such as DSO (days sales outstanding), aged debt, KPI.
- Capacity to help with ongoing project testing, working instruction completion & ad hoc meeting requests with stakeholders.
- Good level of collections experience.
- Preferred area of study- AAT (Association of Accounting Technicians), ICM (Institute of Credit Management) or equivalent relevant experience.
- SAP Knowledge and Excel skills, high attention to detail.
- Adaptable and a solid team player.
- Ability to Multi task, prioritize own workload and demonstrate accuracy.
- Ensure confidentiality and privacy of information is maintained.
People come to Lonza for the challenge and creativity of solving complex problems and developing new ideas in life sciences. In return, we offer the satisfaction that comes with improving lives all around the world. The satisfaction that comes with making a meaningful difference.