Supply Planning Manager, Supply Chain (12 months contract)
Today Lonza is a global leader in life sciences. We are more than 15,000 employees in more than 100 locations around the world. While we work in science, there is no magic formula to how we do it. Our greatest scientific solution is talented people working together, devising ideas that help businesses to help people. In exchange, we let our people own their careers. Their ideas, big and small, genuinely improve the world. And that’s the kind of work we want to be part of.
The Supply Planning Manager will perform all duties to ensure the monthly Supply Planning processes are completed to support the integrated planning processes. Role is responsible for the creation, execution and maintenance of the Supply Plan including the creation of the Master Production Schedule and medium term capacity loading outlooks. Developing proactive strategies to anticipate and mitigate issues and risks with respect to supply planning.
Role is also responsible to report and own plans to improve the accuracy of supply plan accuracy and outlook. Developing (or work with Inventory Manager) to maintain inventory targets by categories and manage inventory of new and phase-out parts. Facilitate the reduction of excess inventory. Leading and manage a team of Supply Planners and responsible for multiple businesses and thus multiple supply plans (i.e., production, services, development, etc.) at the site.
- Execute the monthly supply planning cycle including the creation and updating of supply plans and identification of key supply decisions.
- Ensure input from all relevant stakeholders are incorporated into supply plan.
- Ensure and implement control in managing raw materials and finished goods inventory to prevent losses and/or scrap.
- Prepare supply planning input into monthly S&OP cycle and annual budget cycle.
- Create and maintain supply related KPIs and use as basis for supply planning improvement initiatives.
- Liaise with all relevant stakeholders and functions to ensure supply plan represents consensus view of future supply plans and actions.
- Work with Supply Planners on site to ensure the different businesses’ priorities and plans are considered for effective capacity and inventory management.
- Lead and guide the Supply Planners and relevant team members to ensure the supply plan is accurate and fits the needs of the different businesses.
- Ensure supply plan is inputted and maintained in relevant supply systems including SAP IBP and SAP ECC.
- Ensure Supply Plans is used to drive related material, labor and asset capacity plans.
- Maintain all supply related parameters and master data in relevant planning systems.
- Bachelor’s Degree with extensive years of relevant experience in end-to-end Supply Chain Planning role in a Life Sciences GMP, FMCG, Medical Devices or fast pace manufacturing environment, in Supply Chain Management.
- Proven track record and experience in demand and supply planning skills, with acquired solution oriented mind set to deal with complex product life cycle management, with acquired experience in handling process improvement tools and processes e.g. root cause analysis, statistical process control, etc.
- Excellent interpersonal communication skills to relay and/or drive process improvements across a global organization to important stakeholders.
- Ability to influence both Supply Chain and functional leaders to support supply planning and site manufacturing strategy recommendations.
- Good change management skills to identify and streamline existing supply chain processes and multi-tasking capability.
- Good understanding of SAP and equivalent management system is highly preferred.
Every day, Lonza's products and services have a positive impact on millions of people. For us, this is not only a great privilege, but also a great responsibility. How we achieve our business results is just as important as the achievements themselves. At Lonza, we respect and protect our people and our environment. Any success we achieve is no success at all if not achieve ethically.
People come to Lonza for the challenge and creativity of solving complex problems and developing new ideas in life sciences. In return, we offer the satisfaction that comes with improving lives all around the world. The satisfaction that comes with making a meaningful difference.