Senior Logistics Specialist 1 (12 months contract)
Today Lonza is a global leader in life sciences. We are more than 15,000 employees in more than 100 locations around the world. While we work in science, there is no magic formula to how we do it. Our greatest scientific solution is talented people working together, devising ideas that help businesses to help people. In exchange, we let our people own their careers. Their ideas, big and small, genuinely improve the world. And that’s the kind of work we want to be part of.
The Senior Logistics Specialist will perform materials management activities across the site, including warehouse, inventory management, transporting material, shipping/receiving, cycle counting, and financial information for the logistics department.
- Ensure that the warehouse and shipping areas are operated in a safe, cGMP manner at all times.
- Oversee daily area operations and ensure smooth workflow in terms of receipt, storage and shipment.
- Assist in the review of logistics SOP’s and create new ones as needed. Generation and/or approval of relevant change requests and deviations.
- Ensure that all inventory discrepancies are investigated and resolved in a timely manner.
- Support QA, customer and regulatory audits (internal and external).
- Streamline area processes and work flows to increase area efficiency.
- Interact and maintain a good working relationship with other Lonza teams.
- Assign area task and duties to appropriate personnel.
- Ensure area personnel have adequate training in relation to their position.
- Define responsibilities of direct reports.
- Actively develop direct reports.
- Monitor area paperwork for accuracy and compliance.
- Identify gaps in processes and procedures.
- Ensure all outstanding paperwork is resolved in a timely manner. (Deviations, Work orders).
- Perform internal audits within area.
- Act as area representative for any project based implementations.
- Represent area in the absence of direct Supervisor/Manager.
- Ensure adherence to Departmental SOP’s.
- Promote cross functional training within the team.
- Any other duties as assigned by your Supervisor/Manager.
- Degree/ Diploma in Supply Chain/Material Management or any relevant discipline.
- Significant experience in related field of similar technology level (i.e. Inventory management systems / Quality systems) or GMP related background involving API’s.
- Good knowledge of warehouse operations and procedures.
- Familiar with SAP - WM module.
- Advanced understanding of computer systems (i.e. Outlook, Word, Excel).
- Knowledge in Dangerous Goods regulation / IATA / Tradenet.
- Strong organizational and prioritization skills.
- Ability to troubleshoot and resolve problems.
- Good decision making abilities.
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills.
- Ability to operate forklift and other warehouse equipment.
- Action orientation and a positive attitude.
Every day, Lonza's products and services have a positive impact on millions of people. For us, this is not only a great privilege, but also a great responsibility. How we achieve our business results is just as important as the achievements themselves. At Lonza, we respect and protect our people and our environment. Any success we achieve is no success at all if not achieve ethically.
People come to Lonza for the challenge and creativity of solving complex problems and developing new ideas in life sciences. In return, we offer the satisfaction that comes with improving lives all around the world. The satisfaction that comes with making a meaningful difference.