MRP & Inventory Manager, Supply Chain (12 months contract)
Singapore, Tuas Singapore
Today Lonza is a global leader in life sciences. We are more than 15,000 employees in more than 100 locations around the world. While we work in science, there is no magic formula to how we do it. Our greatest scientific solution is talented people working together, devising ideas that help businesses to help people. In exchange, we let our people own their careers. Their ideas, big and small, genuinely improve the world. And that’s the kind of work we want to be part of.
The MRP & Inventory Manager will be responsible for the implementation of practices and control measure to improve the control of inventory within the site. To apply divisional standards for inventory parameter setting into specific material classifications supporting the site inventory policy
Role will ensure site inventory management tasks are in place and completed to ensure site inventory is within defined targets.
Role will also lead the Material Requirements Planning processes to ensure the materials are available when needed.
- Responsible for implementation and best practice for procedures and controls to manage the overall inventory levels and availability for all material types in site.
- Make recommendations for improvements to ABC stratification and Safety Stock levels by site.
- Work with the procurement organization to optimize delivery plans.
- Generate site inventory and SMOG Plans through collaboration with regional SC&PM teams and Global Inventory Manager.
- Work with logistics and distribution to optimize transit lanes with the goal of reducing overall inventory.
- Oversee site inventory integrity results through ongoing validation processes.
- Identify Root Cause and implement corrective actions for out of tolerance items.
- Implement policies and procedures to mitigate site excess inventories.
- Ensure raw materials and finished goods are planned and managed according to best standard processes to prevent losses and/or scrap.
- Create and maintain supply related KPIs to ensure optimal portfolio execution and drive performance improvement.
- Identify and support for improvement initiatives related to inventory /sourcing.
- Ensure customer meetings are presented appropriately and customer requests are completed in a timely manner.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
- Bachelor’s Degree with extensive years of relevant experience in Inventory, Materials Planning role in a manufacturing environment, in Supply Chain Management
- Ability to influence both Supply Chain and functional leaders to support inventory management/strategy recommendations
- Good communication and presentation skills. Ability to present ideas in a clear and concise manner
- Strong analytical skills with the ability to define metrics (KPI’s) and identify issues through root cause analysis
- Ability to utilize Business Intelligence systems to extract data and generate reports
- Good change management skills to identify and streamline existing supply chain processes and multi-tasking capability
- Good understanding of SAP and equivalent management system is highly preferred.
Every day, Lonza's products and services have a positive impact on millions of people. For us, this is not only a great privilege, but also a great responsibility. How we achieve our business results is just as important as the achievements themselves. At Lonza, we respect and protect our people and our environment. Any success we achieve is no success at all if not achieve ethically.
People come to Lonza for the challenge and creativity of solving complex problems and developing new ideas in life sciences. In return, we offer the satisfaction that comes with improving lives all around the world. The satisfaction that comes with making a meaningful difference.