Scientist, Cell Culture Development
Singapore, Tuas Singapore
Today Lonza is a global leader in life sciences. We are more than 15,000 employees in more than 100 locations around the world. While we work in science, there’s no magic formula to how we do it. Our greatest scientific solution is talented people working together, devising ideas that help businesses to help people. In exchange, we let our people own their careers. Their ideas, big and small, genuinely improve the world. And that’s the kind of work we want to be part of.
You will be joining Cell Culture Development team within Clinical Development in Lonza Singapore. The Clinical Development group are responsible for the development and characterization manufacturing processes used for the production of novel therapeutic recombinant proteins for Lonza’s global client base. The purpose of this role is to execute cell line and process development activities and to provide technical expertise to support troubleshooting activities at both laboratory and manufacturing scale.
- To perform hands-on laboratory work in the cell line and upstream process development team contributing to the development of processes suitable for technology transfer to the cGMP manufacturing teams. An understanding of cGMP manufacturing facility constraints and their impact on development activities will be developed.
- Contribute to process validation / characterisation activities by performing supporting laboratory scale studies.
- Interpret analytical data provided by the analytical team to define subsequent steps.
- Working as part of a site and global project team and ensure timely delivery of project workstages.
- Mammalian cell culture processes include: Cell Line Development (routine cell culture, FACS); Process Development (ambr15 miniturised bioreactors, 10L laboratory scale bioreactors); Process Characterisation (ambr250 miniturised bioreactors, 10L laboratory scale bioreactors).
- Degree in a relevant Science field or Equivalent.
- Practical laboratory experience in cell culture and lab scale bioreactor.
- Experience in culture conditions for mammalian suspension cells is beneficial.
- Understanding of the theory and application of recombinant protein expression using mammalian cell culture systems.
- Understanding of cGMP regulations.
- Good problem solving, analytical and teamworking skills.
- Good communication skills (verbal and written).
- The role will require weekend working on a rota based system.
Every day, Lonza’s products and services have a positive impact on millions of people. For us, this is not only a great privilege, but also a great responsibility. How we achieve our business results is just as important as the achievements themselves. At Lonza, we respect and protect our people and our environment. Any success we achieve is no success at all if not achieved ethically.
People come to Lonza for the challenge and creativity of solving complex problems and developing new ideas in life sciences. In return, we offer the satisfaction that comes with improving lives all around the world. The satisfaction that comes with making a meaningful difference.