Today Lonza is a global leader in life sciences. We are more than 15,000 employees in more than 100 locations around the world. While we work in science, there’s no magic formula to how we do it. Our greatest scientific solution is talented people working together, devising ideas that help businesses to help people. In exchange, we let our people own their careers. Their ideas, big and small, genuinely improve the world. And that’s the kind of work we want to be part of.
Lonza are looking to add some sparks to our Development Services team at the Singapore site. The Development Services team are responsible for the development and characterization of mammalian cell culture processes used for the production of novel therapeutic recombinant proteins for Lonza’s global client base. We have a number of positions available for candidates ranging from recent graduates to those with five or more years of experience.
You will join one of the Analytical Development teams within Development Services at Lonza Singapore. The Analytical Development team are responsible for a range of activities including rapid analytical support for the process development teams, development and validation of test methods and cGMP analytical testing to generate data used for regulatory filings (IND and BLA).
- Execution of laboratory work supporting analytical testing on antibodies and other therapeutic recombinant proteins.
- Test methods employed include, but are not limited to, techniques using capillary electrophoresis, HPLC/UPLC, spectrophotometry and ELISAs, including high throughput versions. Additional expertise in the use of Biacore and Mass Spec systems would also be considered advantageous for a subset of roles in the Analytical Development group.
- Collaborate with other functions in the department to contribute to customer projects by generating and interpreting scientific data from experimental work.
- Deliver high quality communication to ensure an outstanding customer experience (written reports, teleconferences and face to face meetings).
- Working as part of a site and global project team, co-ordinate multiple projects and ensure timely delivery of project work stages.
- Facilitate communication between other departments in Singapore and across the global Lonza network (e.g. Development/MSAT/QC/QA/Program Management).
- Degree in a relevant Science field or Equivalent
- Practical laboratory experience in analytical testing for antibodies or proteins is required although training will be provided
- May suit a candidate with prior experience in a cGMP / QC laboratory.
- Understanding of theory and application of protein production, purification and analysis
- Excellent problem solving and analytical skills
- Excellent communication skills (verbal and written)
- Excellent team working skills
- Experience working within a formal Quality Management System (cGxP/ISO)
- The role may require occasional weekend work.
Every day, Lonza’s products and services have a positive impact on millions of people. For us, this is not only a great privilege, but also a great responsibility. How we achieve our business results is just as important as the achievements themselves. At Lonza, we respect and protect our people and our environment. Any success we achieve is no success at all if not achieved ethically.
People come to Lonza for the challenge and creativity of solving complex problems and developing new ideas in life sciences. In return, we offer the satisfaction that comes with improving lives all around the world. The satisfaction that comes with making a meaningful difference.