Today Lonza is a global leader in life sciences. We are more than 15,000 employees in more than 100 locations around the world. While we work in science, there’s no magic formula to how we do it. Our greatest scientific solution is talented people working together, devising ideas that help businesses to help people. In exchange, we let our people own their careers. Their ideas, big and small, genuinely improve the world. And that’s the kind of work we want to be part of.
Our Lonza site in Houston is seeking a Manufacturing Science and Technology Scientist. As a member of the MSAT Team (Manufacturing Science and Technology), you are responsible for the successful transfer of processes into production. As such, you are in direct contact with our clients and Research & Development scientists. You ensure process scalability and manufacturability. You are the person in charge for process integration related aspects during campaign preparation and you are responsible for process supervision and reporting during and after production campaigns. In addition, you will coordinate all process relevant major deviations and process adaptations and you are responsible for continuous improvement of the manufacturing processes.
- The MSAT Scientist will be responsible for the successful transfer of viral vector processes into GMP production. The incumbent will collaborate with cross-functional teams, including Lonza’ s client, Process Development, Manufacturing, Quality Assurance and Program Management to ensure GMP readiness.
- MSAT Scientist will act as a technical Subject Matter Expert (SME) within the MSAT group as well as for the various project teams. The incumbent will provide technical support to General Manufacturing Practices (GMP) execution of the new processes and any deviation investigations, Corrective Action Prevention Plans (CAPAs), and necessary change controls. MSAT Scientist ensure process scalability and manufacturability.
- Client-facing functional Lead for Process Technology Transfers. Perform detailed review of clients and Process Development processes and generates Technology Transfer documents. Performs process monitoring (manufacturing data analysis, summary, and presentation), author campaign summary reports. Recommends improvements for MSAT practices and procedures.
- Management of data and analyzes of various operational parameters.
- Technology transfer activities include but are not limited to, performing process fit-to-plant, equipment assessment, scale-up unit operations, process Failure Modes and Effects Analysis (FMEA)-based risk assessment, creation of Process Flow Diagrams and Bill of Materials, review and approval of production Master Batch Records.
- Bachelor’s Degree required in a field of study such as Chemical Engineering, Biochemical Engineering, Biomedical Engineering, Biotechnology, or other life science degrees.
- Related Master of Science or PhD degree a plus.
- Experience with Biologics Process Development, Technology Transfer or Manufacturing.
- Knowledge of cell biology, Upstream Processing (adherent and/or suspension cell culture, scale-up and bioreactor operation) and/or Downstream Processing (Chromatography operation, Ultrafiltration/Diafiltration (UF/DF), Tangential Flow Filtration (TFF), and Filtration).
- Work experience in viral vector Process Development or Manufacturing is a plus.
Every day, Lonza’s products and services have a positive impact on millions of people. For us, this is not only a great privilege, but also a great responsibility. How we achieve our business results is just as important as the achievements themselves. At Lonza, we respect and protect our people and our environment. Any success we achieve is no success at all if not achieved ethically.
People come to Lonza for the challenge and creativity of solving complex problems and developing new ideas in life sciences. In return, we offer the satisfaction that comes with improving lives all around the world. The satisfaction that comes with making a meaningful difference.
Lonza is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, religion, color, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, status as a qualified individual with disability, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.