Senior Lean Engineer
Today Lonza is a global leader in life sciences. We are more than 15,000 employees in more than 100 locations around the world. While we work in science, there’s no magic formula to how we do it. Our greatest scientific solution is talented people working together, devising ideas that help businesses to help people. In exchange, we let our people own their careers. Their ideas, big and small, genuinely improve the world. And that’s the kind of work we want to be part of.
Lonza is establishing a strategic biomanufacturing based in China using GE Healthcare Solutions. With the new facility, Lonza is responding to growing demand for a high-quality CDMO in the Chinese market.
The Lean Engineer is responsible for driving process improvement, operational excellence and business priority projects of the assigned business. They will support the implementation of cultural changes towards a process of continuous improvement. They will act as an SME (Subject Matter Expert) for Lean six sigma projects. They will mentor colleagues on all aspects of Operation Excellence to support a deeper understanding of best practices.
- Coordinate performance Visual Boards to make sure: area KPIs are on track, have corrective actions for bad trend or abnormality.
- Coordinate continuous improvement projects to decrease batch lead time, increase internal utility, and save cost.
- Push Root Cause Analysis for deviation from quality & batch lead time
- Push Kaizen Idea system to collect, push, and close ideas from all employee, recognize best practice of Kaizen Idea.
- Push 6S practice in shop floor & office area through 6S standard & 6S representative team from all departments.
- Any other duties assigned by managers.
- Bachelor degree of above
- Practical working experience on lean manufacturing environment with project experience on lean or 6 Sigma management in shop floor & office
- Certified GB/BB will be highly preferred.
- Industry knowhow from Pharma or Food business will be an advantage.
- Good communication & coordination skill
Every day, Lonza's products and services have a positive impact on millions of people. For us, this is not only a great privilege, but also a great responsibility. How we achieve our business results is just as important as the achievements themselves. At Lonza, we respect and protect our people and our environment. Any success we achieve is no success at all if not achieved ethically.
People come to Lonza for the challenge and creativity of solving complex problems and developing new ideas in life sciences. In return, we offer the satisfaction that comes with improving lives all around the world. The satisfaction that comes with making a meaningful difference.