Talent Mobility Partner
Costa Rica, San Jose
Today Lonza is a global leader in life sciences. We are more than 15,000 employees in more than 100 locations around the world. While we work in science, there’s no magic formula to how we do it. Our greatest scientific solution is talented people working together, devising ideas that help businesses to help people. In exchange, we let our people own their careers. Their ideas, big and small, genuinely improve the world. And that’s the kind of work we want to be part of.
Lonza has an exciting opportunity available for an experienced Global Mobility Partner in our Human Resources (HR) department. This position will be based out of San Jose, Costa Rica or Morristown, NJ.. This individual will be responsible for Operational management of Lonza's mobility and relocation programs (Talent Mobility Assignments, International Relocations, Domestic US Mobility) and key advisor on other cross-border mobility topics and strategic planning. Provide advice related to Lonza policy and immigration, current and pending legislation and regulatory requirements that impact assignment/relocation practices and policies and lead on operational improvement plans. Serve as the single point of contact for senior assignees, complex International Local Hires, Internal COE and Business Stakeholders and External Vendors. Executes and supports all Center of Expertise (CoE) HR activities within a defined area and reviews non-traditional moves for compliance risk as part of wider talent mobility framework. Manage projects primarily with a focus on developing and researching new policies, processes, relationships and vendors to improve return on investment (ROI), effectiveness and employee experience but with a requirement to lead some existing processes or policies.
- Partner with the business in international assignments planning and implementation and actively seeks improvement areas across internal and external functions for operational improvement projects.
- Partner with the business and HR to upskill and educate on the risks of non-traditional mobility and translate this to new policy mechanisms.
- Create positive end-to-end Mobility experience of globally mobile talent and provide information and analysis to enable timely business decisions in relation to Talent Mobility.
- Leverage policy framework and processes to meet stakeholders’ needs and Lonza guidelines.
- Manage the redesign, benchmarking, redevelopment, implementation, and improvement of assignment and relocation programs, policies and administration processes to meet Lonza’s business needs.
- Identify new areas of compliance support reviewed by the business for cross-border mobility to assist in the development of a robust framework.
- Proactively advise the assignee on the expected steps and Company guidelines.
- Prepare and communicate balance sheet calculations and compensation overviews for relevant assignee groups.
- Act as consultant for the assignee, local HR, CoEs and Management on Case Reviews for non-traditional mobility.
- Comfortable communicating negative decisions when necessary.
- Manage and assist in projects to improve the effectiveness, efficiencies and understanding of new policies, processes and requirements (for example, new process development or imbedding, new policy review autonomously, new vendor onboarding or RFP to a small scale) with some key responsibilities in leading existing initiative projects (developing training or new processes based on existing vendor relationships or policies).
- Bachelor’s Degree in Human Resources, Business Administration, Economics, Finance or Tax
- Advanced experience in Global Mobility/Relocation/Immigration field, ideally in-house with a multinational organization
- Ability to problem solve and propose constructive/realizable solutions.
- Strong customer service and communication skills, ability to handle confidential information
- Strong analytical, data, and report skills with attention to detail
- Proven strength in stakeholder management with strong customer service focus
- Technology proficient in Microsoft Office, in particular Excel.
- Proven ability to work productively both independently and as an integral member of various teams
- Global mindset and proven network management skills
- Solid project management skills
- Solid business acumen and interpersonal skills.
- Strong work ethic, time management skills and a positive attitude.
- Ability to create briefings and presentations for large and small groups
- Demonstrates clear and sound judgment.
Every day, Lonza’s products and services have a positive impact on millions of people. For us, this is not only a great privilege, but also a great responsibility. How we achieve our business results is just as important as the achievements themselves. At Lonza, we respect and protect our people and our environment. Any success we achieve is no success at all if not achieved ethically.
People come to Lonza for the challenge and creativity of solving complex problems and developing new ideas in life sciences. In return, we offer the satisfaction that comes with improving lives all around the world. The satisfaction that comes with making a meaningful difference.
Lonza is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, religion, color, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, status as a qualified individual with disability, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.