Senior Logistics Manager EIMEA
At Lonza Specialty Ingredients (LSI), we combine technological innovation with world-class manufacturing and regulatory excellence. We are a leader in Microbial Control Solutions and chemical technologies used in various applications including hygiene and home care. Today, these solutions are more critical than ever to maintain the hygiene and safety of hospitals, homes, schools, and offices across the world. Our Specialty Chemical Services business provides composite materials for technically demanding industries and performance intermediates & chemicals. Our Custom development and manufacturing team has already brought more than 1,000 unique solutions to life for their customers.
We are a highly dynamic group of 3,000 employees in more than 25 countries around the world. For us, performance, collaboration, passion and care are fundamentals. Are YOU someone who CARES about finding unique solutions for customers, who is PASSIONATE about making a difference? We are looking for talent who embrace COLLABORATION and are motivated by a PERFORMANCE culture.
In this hands-on role, you will be responsible for coordinating and managing all aspects of the Logistic function in EIMEA. Transportation and Warehousing functions to drive best in class service, fiscal oversight and customer focus for our Specialty Ingredients Business across EIMEA.
You will be jointly responsible for the implementation of the overall business strategy as well as the design and tracking of the service level agreements.
Also executing day-to-day cross-functional activities to support customer service, sales, logistics and MRP planning.
You will have experience of continuous strategic improvement and will focus on delivery of end-to-end supply chain excellence for the Supply Chain team. You will have proven experience of delivering yearly cost-savings commitments via enhanced operational efficiency within all teams (LSI traffic, logistics and warehousing), project execution, deployment of lean methodologies, (people, processes & systems).
- Organizational and personnel management as well as the promotion, support and development of the direct employees & teams.
- Define and build appropriate department’s structure: Recruit, supervise, lead and develop team leads/supervisors and ensure that all department employees are adequately trained and supervised.
- Responsible for tracking KPI's including reporting. Deriving measures and implementing the improvements are part of your core activities. Participation on terms and conditions negotiations with service providers.
- Actively work with vendors to continuously improve both the relationships and services provided
- Responsible for distribution network and optimal warehouse utilization within EIMEA. Coordination of stock transfers within the warehouse network taking into account the supply chain strategy
- Develop Logistics solutions to both standard and custom client/stakeholder needs that leverage the Company’s volumes, systems and partnerships while providing consistently high service levels in a cost-effective manner to our customers.
- Independently assess the risk/benefit considerations to solutions, and propose alternate courses of action when needed.
- Understand the roles and needs of supply chain stakeholders. Identify and prioritize logistics needs and communicate recommendations for improvements to management and stakeholders in order to achieve efficient product distribution. Participate and consult with stakeholders on changes to processes, interfaces, and the use of automated systems between teams
- Lead and collaborate with cross functional teams, such as Customer Service, Operations, other Lonza areas of business, external vendors, and a wide array of government agencies, in order to efficiently meet internal and external client supply chain needs.
- Ensure that clear communication of supply chain requirements across teams occurs.
- Ensure that policies and external regulations are being met and exceeded when possible.
- Motivation and enthusiasm for leading a first-class pro-active service to the business.
- Previous experience must have been gained in a relevant industry i.e. Chemicals and FMCG.
- Excellent interpersonal skills which will allow you to negotiate and resolve Supply Chain issues.
- Significant experience in warehousing, domestic and international transportation.
- Deep understanding of Swiss, UK and EU chemical industry logistics.
- Proven capability with Microsoft Office packages plus demonstrable experience of SAP ERP, including SAP Transportation Management module.
- Ability to lead and manage people, growing their capabilities and competency to enhance the service.
- Your excellent communication skills and stakeholder management will afford you the ability to work in a fast paced environment and interface with multiple levels of management.
A major part of the heritage of LSI is being able to deliver unique solutions to our customers. Being the driving force behind this approach – listening, asking, understanding to match the right elements in a new way has been an inherent part of our day-to-day business. Always with the goal to enable a competitive advantage for each customer with a specific product, package or solution. What makes YOU different?