Head of Supply Chain, Singapore
Singapore, Tuas Singapore
Today Lonza is a global leader in life sciences. We are more than 15,000 employees in more than 100 locations around the world. While we work in science, there is no magic formula to how we do it. Our greatest scientific solution is talented people working together, devising ideas that help businesses to help people. In exchange, we let our people own their careers. Their ideas, big and small, genuinely improve the world. And that’s the kind of work we want to be part of.
The Head of Supply Chain is responsible to lead and manage the Singapore Supply Chain organization. Role is responsible to develop the performance of the supply chain organization by improving, simplifying and harmonizing business processes associated with sales forecasting, demand & supply planning and warehouse & distribution.
The role will also lead the Supply Chain team responsible for local S&OP, Master Production Scheduling, top level production capacity planning, Materials Requirement Planning, Inventory Management, Warehouse & Distribution, Master Data, SC Processes and new system introduction.
- Define Supply Chain strategy aligned with the Global and Lonza Singapore business strategy.
- Serve as member of the Site Leadership Team (SLT), representing the local Supply Chain department as well as the customer portfolio.
- Leading and executing transformation projects within Supply Chain, develop the strategy, change management activities and training needs for the Supply Chain Team.
- Manage local S&OP processes to support cross-functional management operations performance.
- Define, streamline and improves the Supply Chain processes and as needed initiates corrective action and training.
- Establishment of Inventory management standards to optimize functional costs.
- Ensures high operational performance in warehouse & distribution.
- Drive Supply Chain performance through KPI monitoring and target setting.
- Supports other functions in the implementation of processes or systems.
- Building, attracting and developing a High Performing Supply Chain Team.
- Master or Bachelor degree in Supply Chain and/or any other relevant areas.
- Thorough understanding of business processes in the pharmaceutical industry, desirable in the CDMO environment, like Supply Chain/Materials Management/Logistics,
- Strong knowledge of Pharmaceutical Operations and Quality understanding, Project Management (preferably operations and IT/OT projects) Regulatory, GMP, Product Life Cycle Management.
- Ability to develop, deploy and implement a global Supply Chain strategy in the Singapore organization including change management, continuous improvement and process re-design.
- Intercultural experience and ability to act in a complex and rapidly changing business environment within a complex matrix structure.
- Experience with change management and ability to lead a large operations group through change process and maintaining the operational performance.
- Significant experience in a managerial capacity within a large international organization.
- Managerial and operational experience obtained through leading teams/functions in production and warehouse & distribution sites.
- Strong talent development skills and active interest in the Talent agenda.
Every day, Lonza's products and services have a positive impact on millions of people. For us, this is not only a great privilege, but also a great responsibility. How we achieve our business results is just as important as the achievements themselves. At Lonza, we respect and protect our people and our environment. Any success we achieve is no success at all if not achieve ethically.
People come to Lonza for the challenge and creativity of solving complex problems and developing new ideas in life sciences. In return, we offer the satisfaction that comes with improving lives all around the world. The satisfaction that comes with making a meaningful difference.