Senior Manufacturing Manager
Today Lonza is a global leader in life sciences. We are more than 15,000 employees in more than 100 locations around the world. While we work in science, there’s no magic formula to how we do it. Our greatest scientific solution is talented people working together, devising ideas that help businesses to help people. In exchange, we let our people own their careers. Their ideas, big and small, genuinely improve the world. And that’s the kind of work we want to be part of.
Lonza in Visp is looking for a Senior Manufacturing Manager. Manages the operational activities in the manufacturing area with overall responsibility of manufacturing execution with regard to safety, quality and on-time-in full delivery. Leads a team of production leaders, supervisors and specialists. Is accountable for the performance and results of the assigned area. Sets-up and manages the training activities in the operations unit. Is a member of the Manufacturing Leadership Team.
- Manages a team of production leaders (chemists/biologists), supervisors and specialists with full responsibility for all aspects of human resource management such as qualification, development, coaching, hiring, pay decisions and discipline issues.
- Responsible for resource and vacation planning of the assigned team members with regard to the fulfillment of all production orders.
- Ensures a good information exchange from the upper management levels to his/her team and the other way around through regularly team meetings and escalation of production issues.
- Implements the LONZA culture via openness for change and new ideas, cooperative teamwork and continuous improvement even outside his/her own area of responsibility
- Responsible for setting up the training activities for manufacturing operations and any new technology in the operations unit. Definition of demand and requirements and aligning with the Training Center in Visp.
- As a member of the Manufacturing Leadership Team responsible for all aspect of general production management such as housekeeping, staff behavior, training activities and control of general processes and installations.
- BS / MS or related degrees; Preferred area of study: Chemistry, Chemical Engineering, Biotechnology, Bioengineering or related disciplines
- Extensive experience in biotechnical manufacturing preferably in leadership positions (e. g. production biotechnologist, MSAT process expert, engineering)
- Fluent in English and German
- Understanding of business and financial processes
- Strong leadership skills; very good communication skills and interaction with all kinds of interfaces within the organization; strong team orientation
- Structured, focused and well-organized working attitude; open-minded for new ideas and suggestions; agile, highly motivated and dynamic drive; solution-oriented
Every day, Lonza’s products and services have a positive impact on millions of people. For us, this is not only a great privilege, but also a great responsibility. How we achieve our business results is just as important as the achievements themselves. At Lonza, we respect and protect our people and our environment. Any success we achieve is no success at all if not achieved ethically.
People come to Lonza for the challenge and creativity of solving complex problems and developing new ideas in life sciences. In return, we offer the satisfaction that comes with improving lives all around the world. The satisfaction that comes with making a meaningful difference.