Marketing Automation Manager
Today Lonza is a global leader in life sciences. We are more than 15,000 employees in more than 100 locations around the world. While we work in science, there’s no magic formula to how we do it. Our greatest scientific solution is talented people working together, devising ideas that help businesses to help people. In exchange, we let our people own their careers. Their ideas, big and small, genuinely improve the world. And that’s the kind of work we want to be part of.
The Marketing Automation Manager is responsible for effectively translating marketing strategies into marketing automation campaigns for awareness building, lead generation and nurturing, customer retention, cross- and up-selling, etc. This person will look after the ideation and successful execution of marketing tactics delivered by a marketing automation platform. Coordinates with product marketing and digital/eBusiness teams to maximize marketing automation to deliver the business strategy. Works with a global team and collaborates closely with the digital eCommerce team, digital marketing team, product managers, campaign managers, designers, and other commercial and IT stakeholders.
- Develops and executes marketing automation strategies and campaigns to drive awareness, eCommerce channel growth and lead development (e.g.welcome/onboarding sequence, cart abandonment, lead nurturing, re-engagement, upsell or cross-sell, feedback).
- Manages the marketing automation platform to its full potential, establishing and optimizing workflows across digital channels, such as e-mail, social media, retargeting, virtual events etc.
- Drives continuous improvement through data analysis, benchmarking and implementing new strategies to adapt to changing market conditions
- Effectively targets (potential) customers via segmentation and personalization tactics
- Integrates on- and offline channels to ensure smooth customer experience and consistent processes for lead capture, lead nurturing and scoring.
- Boosts customer engagement and the overall CX
- Collaborates with marketing teams to guide A/B creative tests, incrementality tests on campaigns to identify what works best
- Constantly monitors and optimizes campaigns to improve ROI
- Creates and maintains key reports and dashboards, and interprets, communicates insights and makes recommendations based on data
- Works with Digital Commerce team to ensure automated campaigns are integrating with the customer buying journey through lead generation, cross-sell, upsell and customer repurchasing activities.
- Bachelor’s degree in Digital Marketing, Marketing, Information Technology, Computer Science, or related field or an equivalent of the same in working experience. MBA in Digital Marketing preferred with a Scientific background in Cell Biology or Microbiology
- In-depth knowledge of marketing automation platforms (ideally Marketo)
- Intermediate HTML and CSS knowledge for building emails
- Good understanding of CAN-SPAM, CCPA and GDPR compliant practices
- Strong knowledge of digital marketing best practices and relevant KPIs as well as trends in digital marketing, able to identify and evaluate / test opportunities for the business
- Thorough understanding of the business, the industry, competitors, and business model. Being aware of the business goals and their corresponding marketing goals.
- In-depth knowledge of target audience, buyer’s journey and how various marketing channels work at each stage of the funnel to deliver an exceptional customer experience (CX).
- Strong understanding of how customer buying journeys interact with the sales process and understanding of how leads and opportunities are tracked and measured through a sales pipeline.
- A good understanding of how CRM systems work and interact with marketing automation platforms
- Strong project management skills and the ability to prioritize and meet deadlines when working on multiple projects under pressure
- Strategic thinking, entrepreneurial and self-motivated
- Strong analytical skills and a data-driven approach to problem-solving and decision making
- Ability to synthesize complex ideas into actionable recommendations, which are backed by clear insights and clean data
- Strong attention to detail with a high level of accuracy and excellent communication skills (both verbal and written)
- Team player, who collaborates effectively across international teams and different levels of the organization
- Creative out-of-the-box thinking with a get-things-done attitude
- Experience working with marketing analytics, reporting best practices, 3rd party technologies/agencies and requirements gathering
- Ability to work under pressure, handle changing priorities and simultaneously handle multiple priorities with limited resources
- Thrives in a fast-paced and ambiguous environment
Every day, Lonza’s products and services have a positive impact on millions of people. For us, this is not only a great privilege, but also a great responsibility. How we achieve our business results is just as important as the achievements themselves. At Lonza, we respect and protect our people and our environment. Any success we achieve is no success at all if not achieved ethically.
People come to Lonza for the challenge and creativity of solving complex problems and developing new ideas in life sciences. In return, we offer the satisfaction that comes with improving lives all around the world. The satisfaction that comes with making a meaningful difference.
Lonza is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, religion, color, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, status as a qualified individual with disability, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.