Today Lonza is a global leader in life sciences. We are more than 15,000 employees in more than 100 locations around the world. While we work in science, there’s no magic formula to how we do it. Our greatest scientific solution is talented people working together, devising ideas that help businesses to help people. In exchange, we let our people own their careers. Their ideas, big and small, genuinely improve the world. And that’s the kind of work we want to be part of.
For our site in Visp we are looking for a Plant Manager.
- Manages a team of production managers (chemists), supervisors and specialists with full responsibility for all aspects of human resource management such as qualification, development, coaching, hiring, pay decisions and discipline issues
- As a member of the Manufacturing Leadership Team responsible for all aspect of general production management such as staff behavior, training activities and control of general processes and installations
- Operational specialist and frequent contact for BU team members in all questions of production planning (S&OP process), technical evaluations and feasibility requests
- Responsible for regular performance control such as weekly report, dashboard, Hoshin Board and other reporting tools incl. definition of appropriate actions for performance enhancing
- Implements the LONZA vision and culture via openness for change and new ideas, cooperative teamwork and continuous improvement even outside his/her own area of responsibility
- Accountable for the execution of all production campaigns in his/her manufacturing unit with regard to safety, quality and environmental requirements.
- Ensures the technical availability of the equipment through fulfillment of all safety, environmental and compliance requirements within his/her manufacturing unit
- Executes innovation and improvement projects comprising general manufacturing aspects for the production plant
- Operational representative in customer meeting and audits as well as authority inspection
- Bachelor or Master degree in Chemistry, Chemical Engineering, Biotechnology or related disciplines or extensive experience in chemical or biotechnical manufacturing preferably in leadership positions
- Broad experience in chemical or biotechnical manufacturing, preferably in leadership positions (e.g. production chemist/biotechnologist, MSAT expert, engineering)
- GMP experience is of advantage
- Fluent in English and German
- Understanding of business and financial processes
- High motivation and dynamic drive
Every day, Lonza’s products and services have a positive impact on millions of people. For us, this is not only a great privilege, but also a great responsibility. How we achieve our business results is just as important as the achievements themselves. At Lonza, we respect and protect our people and our environment. Any success we achieve is no success at all if not achieved ethically.
People come to Lonza for the challenge and creativity of solving complex problems and developing new ideas in life sciences. In return, we offer the satisfaction that comes with improving lives all around the world. The satisfaction that comes with making a meaningful difference.