Scientist, Analytical Services - Protein Characterization
Singapore, Tuas Singapore
Today Lonza is a global leader in life sciences. We are more than 15,000 employees in more than 100 locations around the world. While we work in science, there’s no magic formula to how we do it. Our greatest scientific solution is talented people working together, devising ideas that help businesses to help people. In exchange, we let our people own their careers. Their ideas, big and small, genuinely improve the world. And that’s the kind of work we want to be part of.
You will be joining the Analytical Services team within Development Services in Lonza Singapore, focusing on protein characterization using mass spectrometry and other analytical methods. The Development Services group is responsible for the development and characterization of manufacturing processes used for the production of novel therapeutic recombinant proteins for Lonza’s global client base. The team performs studies to characterize biopharmaceuticals to ensure a comprehensive understanding of the molecule attributes and to generate fully qualified and characterized reference materials that can be used as part of subsequent cGMP batch release testing in the QC laboratories.
You will be responsible for analytical testing and managing projects in the Protein Characterization team, ensuring that projects are delivered in a timely and efficient manner.
- Execution of laboratory work in the Analytical Services-Protein Characterization team.
- The role holder should have demonstrated experience with methods and instruments used for protein characterization such as LC-MS (peptide mapping, intact mass analysis and oligosaccharide profiling), icIEF, CE-SDS, HPLC (SEC, RP, HIC, IEX, HILIC) and SEC-MALS including expertise in the analysis of the resultant data.
- Leading and managing analytical comparability and characterization activities for pre-clinical and clinical phase biopharmaceutical products.
- Working knowledge of protein structure, post translational modifications, degradation pathways and critical quality attributes relevant to biopharmaceutical products
- Awareness of phase appropriate regulatory and quality expectations for clinical phase analytical characterization and comparability studies.
- Hands on experience of using mass spectrometry and other analytical technologies to characterize recombinant proteins
- Scientific expertise to develop and troubleshoot analytical methods using at least one analytical technology
- The organizational and communication skills required to manage multiple studies and discuss complex data (through both written reports and verbal presentations) with relevant managers, QA and Customers
- Collaborate with other functions in the department to contribute to customer projects by generating and interpreting scientific data from experimental work.
- Deliver high quality communication to ensure an outstanding customer experience (written reports, teleconferences and face to face meetings).
- Working as part of a site and global project team, co-ordinate multiple projects and ensure timely delivery of project work stages.
- Facilitate communication between other departments in Singapore and across the global Lonza network (e.g. Development/MSAT/QC/QA/Program Management).
- Degree in a relevant Science field or Equivalent
- Positions available would be suitable for candidates with a minimum of 3 or more years of experience, including candidates with a PhD with relevant experience.
- Practical laboratory experience in analytical testing development for antibodies or other recombinant proteins would be advantageous.
- The final role offered will be commensurate with the candidate’s experience.
- Understanding of theory and application of recombinant protein production, characterization and data analysis
- Excellent problem solving and analytical skills
- Excellent communication skills (verbal and written)
- Excellent team working skills
- Experience working within a formal Quality Management System (cGxP/ISO)
Every day, Lonza’s products and services have a positive impact on millions of people. For us, this is not only a great privilege, but also a great responsibility. How we achieve our business results is just as important as the achievements themselves. At Lonza, we respect and protect our people and our environment. Any success we achieve is no success at all if not achieved ethically.
People come to Lonza for the challenge and creativity of solving complex problems and developing new ideas in life sciences. In return, we offer the satisfaction that comes with improving lives all around the world. The satisfaction that comes with making a meaningful difference.