Legal Counsel (6 month FTC)
United Kingdom, Slough
Today Lonza is a global leader in life sciences. We are more than 15,000 employees in more than 100 locations around the world. While we work in science, there’s no magic formula to how we do it. Our greatest scientific solution is talented people working together, devising ideas that help businesses to help people. In exchange, we let our people own their careers. Their ideas, big and small, genuinely improve the world. And that’s the kind of work we want to be part of.
We have an amazing opportunity for a qualified solicitor to join our Legal team as a Legal Counsel. The role will be based in Slough, UK.
As a key member of the department you will provide support for the Pharma & Biotech sector in various contract negotiations. This has particular emphasis on operations in Slough (UK), Porriño (Spain), Portsmouth (US) and Singapore.
In this role, you will also support the Procurement and Quality departments in establishing supply agreements with various suppliers, together with the Quality Agreement that has to be aligned with each supply agreement.
- Provide support in the drafting and negotiation of a wide variety of contracts in relation to the business (e.g. development services agreements, manufacturing and collaboration agreements, technology licensing, and consultancy agreements)
- Establish strong relationships with internal customers
- Participate in meetings and negotiations with customers and suppliers
- Law Degree
- Demonstrable Post Qualification Experience
- In depth experience of Commercial contracts (Negotiating and drafting)
- In-house experience preferred
- Pharma background would be an advantage but not essential
- Ability to provide clear commercial advice while working to tight deadlines
- Excellent judgment and analytical skills
Every day, Lonza’s products and services have a positive impact on millions of people. For us, this is not only a great privilege, but also a great responsibility. How we achieve our business results is just as important as the achievements themselves. At Lonza, we respect and protect our people and our environment. Any success we achieve is no success at all if not achieved ethically.
People come to Lonza for the challenge and creativity of solving complex problems and developing new ideas in life sciences. In return, we offer the satisfaction that comes with improving lives all around the world. The satisfaction that comes with making a meaningful difference.