Controls Engineer Level 3
United States, Hayward (California)
Today Lonza is a global leader in life sciences. We are more than 15,000 employees in more than 100 locations around the world. While we work in science, there’s no magic formula to how we do it. Our greatest scientific solution is talented people working together, devising ideas that help businesses to help people. In exchange, we let our people own their careers. Their ideas, big and small, genuinely improve the world. And that’s the kind of work we want to be part of.
Controls Engineer III - Support ongoing Lonza operations through technical assistance as it relates to computerized systems infrastructure for process automation and QC laboratory systems. Provide a technical resource to operations customers to ensure that systems are designed and operating to meet production needs.
- Develop technical knowledge on manufacturing equipment and process automation systems including Delta V and Rockwell systems.
- Responsible for resolution of all equipment breakdowns and quality issues in the suites
- Provide SME support to Manufacturing and other departments for the design and operation of process automation equipment
- Conduct troubleshooting and technical analyses on manufacturing equipment and process automation systems including PI data analyses, CIP/SIP circuit development and review, flow path analyses, code review/troubleshooting, etc.
- Act as Controls engineering lead for tech transfer of new processes into the facility
- Complete change request lot assessments to support lot release
- Participates in IPT/JPT meetings and customer ad hoc meetings as Controls/Engineering SME
- Represents group at Controls Engineering DMS meetings
- Participates in audits and inspections as Controls SME
- Bachelors required
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Embraces a culture of sharing knowledge and training others.
- Strong ability to lead cross-functional teams
- Solid understanding of inter-department maintenance operations.
- Proficient at driving methods of change in achieving productivity improvement goals
- Mature business acumen demonstrated by understanding the role maintenance plays in Lonza’s asset management business model
- Solid knowledge of CMMS systems, preferably SAP Plant Maintenance module. Proficiency in Microsoft Office Suite applications, exposure to cGMP guiding work practices and principles
Every day, Lonza’s products and services have a positive impact on millions of people. For us, this not only a great privilege, but also a great responsibility. How we achieve our business results is just as important as the achievement themselves. At Lonza, we respect and protect our people and our environment. Any success we achieve is no success at all if not achieved ethically.
People come to Lonza for the challenge and creativity of solving complex problems and developing new ideas in life sciences. In return, we offer the satisfaction that comes with improving lives all around the world. The satisfaction that comes with making a meaningful difference.
Lonza is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, religion, color, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, status as a qualified individual with disability, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.