Senior Data Engineer
Today Lonza is a global leader in life sciences. We are more than 15,000 employees in more than 100 locations around the world. While we work in science, there’s no magic formula to how we do it. Our greatest scientific solution is talented people working together, devising ideas that help businesses to help people. In exchange, we let our people own their careers. Their ideas, big and small, genuinely improve the world. And that’s the kind of work we want to be part of.
Lonza in Visp is looking for a Senior Data Engineer. In this challenging and pivotal role you will assist the deployment of standardized Data & Analytics solutions within Lonza and ensure that the organization is able to capture, process and interpret scientific and business data in order to make informed decisions.
- Coordinate and support PI System rollout activities and enforce deployment of defined standard across the network.
- Support global Data & Analytics team and other Centers of Excellence in defining standards on system and data level and related system interfaces.
- Develop an in-depth understanding of IT, Engineering and business initiatives, strategies and needs for the future and ensure alignment of Data & Analytics delivery in line with the OT Strategy.
- Support in the development and implementation of a comprehensive Data & Analytics Roadmap for Lonza to ensure that that Operations and Services needs are anticipated and exceeded.
- Proactively identify opportunities for OT to deliver innovative solutions to customer issues/challenges and situations where leading edge technological innovations can be deployed to business advantages.
- Remain aware of external best practice in the field and use this knowledge to develop and maintain the necessary capabilities within the site/region/function.
- Bachelor degree in Computer Science, Engineering or equivalent
- Expert knowledge of OSIsoft PI - Data Historian, PI AF and related technologies
- Significant experience in CSV, Pharmaceutical Development or Manufacturing (GMP) environment
- Strong expertise in data integration technologies
- ISA S88/S95 knowledge
- Experience with global/multi-site manufacturing projects
- Ability to recognize and act on trends that will impact business performance and anticipate threats to success in a global matrix organization
- Able to solve complex problems through analytical thought
- Conversational German is required
Every day, Lonza’s products and services have a positive impact on millions of people. For us, this is not only a great privilege, but also a great responsibility. How we achieve our business results is just as important as the achievements themselves. At Lonza, we respect and protect our people and our environment. Any success we achieve is no success at all if not achieved ethically.
People come to Lonza for the challenge and creativity of solving complex problems and developing new ideas in life sciences. In return, we offer the satisfaction that comes with improving lives all around the world. The satisfaction that comes with making a meaningful difference.