Biotech Engineer Project Manager
United States, Portsmouth (New Hampshire)
Today Lonza is a global leader in life sciences. We are more than 15,000 employees in more than 100 locations around the world. While we work in science, there’s no magic formula to how we do it. Our greatest scientific solution is talented people working together, devising ideas that help businesses to help people. In exchange, we let our people own their careers. Their ideas, big and small, genuinely improve the world. And that’s the kind of work we want to be part of.
Under the direction of a Sr. Project Engineer the Project Engineer is responsible for providing technical direction and support in the execution and delivery of large Capital projects including adherence to schedule and budgets, engineering design of new facilities (Basis of Design, Conceptual, and Detailed Design) and leadership of cross functional teams consisting of Internal Lonza customers such as Manufacturing, MSAT, and Quality Assurance to properly identify design needs. The focus is on Downstream Processing (DSP).
- Construction, commissioning, startup activities, including supervision and management of external engineering contractors and equipment vendors.
- Provide leadership and technical support during the construction and start-up phase (turnover documentation, IQ execution, system operation, troubleshooting and validation support).
- Engineering Design of new facilities, production suites, etc and provide cross functional Team leadership required in supporting the design efforts.
- Preparation of QA related documentation such as cGMP Process Change Controls. Responsible to assure adherence to cGMP requirements throughout all phases of Capital Project execution
- Provide technical input in support of equipment procurement including bid package preparation, bid evaluation, vendor selection.
- Responsible for delivering assuring Engineering Turnover Packages that are accurate, complete, and adhere to Quality Assurance requirements.
- Bachelor’s Degree Required; preferred area of study, Chemical Engineering, Mechanical Engineering or Bioengineering– Or equivalent experience.
- Substantial experience in the design and operation of Biopharmaceutical facilities, both manufacturing and support systems (cGMP manufacturing, pilot plant & laboratories).
- Working experience with control systems (PLC, DCS, Loop controllers) desirable.
- Experience in project management and coordination associated with the execution of capital projects in an industrial environment.
- Practical experience in the management and coordination of engineering & construction management consultants, equipment vendors and contractors.
- Biotech experience in an engineering role/function.
- Building and Cleanroom design/construction knowledge.
Every day, Lonza’s products and services have a positive impact on millions of people. For us, this is not only a great privilege, but also a great responsibility. How we achieve our business results is just as important as the achievements themselves. At Lonza, we respect and protect our people and our environment. Any success we achieve is no success at all if it is not achieved ethically.
People come to Lonza for the challenge and creativity of solving complex problems and developing new ideas in life sciences. In return, we offer the satisfaction that comes with improving lives all around the world. The satisfaction that comes with making a meaningful difference.
Lonza is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, religion, color, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, status as a qualified individual with disability, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.