Functional Specialist - Project Cost Analyst
United States, Portsmouth (New Hampshire)
Today Lonza is a global leader in life sciences. We are more than 15,000 employees in more than 100 locations around the world. While we work in science, there’s no magic formula to how we do it. Our greatest scientific solution is talented people working together, devising ideas that help businesses to help people. In exchange, we let our people own their careers. Their ideas, big and small, genuinely improve the world. And that’s the kind of work we want to be part of.
Lonza is expanding its current facilities around the globe and requires professionals to support the growth. Lonza is seeking a Cost Controller with relevant experience to support the SGIE Capital Projects for Lonza’s global facilities and infrastructure. This position will be directly responsible for cost controlling and overseeing the costs and cost reporting of projects through various Project stages.
- Prepares cost control reports for Project Director and Capex Lead including but not limited to budgets, commitments, VOWD, forecasting, Capex expenditure, contingency management, variance analysis reporting and monthly project reporting.
- Provides input to support Project Changes and ensures costs are captured into the cost forecast and reports.
- Ensures correct Cost Breakdown Structure coding is utilized for budgets, requisitions, purchase orders and invoices.
- Oversee invoice processing to ensure timely release of invoices for submission for payment.
- Analyze data to understand variances from plan and impact of actual performance on costs.
- Oversees the Monthly cost reconciliation between Unifier and SAP
- Participate in Project Team and Functional Team meetings and workshops as requested.
- Responds to ad hoc requests for data, data analysis, and presentation materials.
- Provides assistance to other Cost Controllers as and when required.
- Substantial experience in cost control and ensuring accurate costs are controlled for large (> 20 Mio CHF) projects. Preferable to also have experience being part of a team cost controlling on large scale projects.
- Excellent command of English, German advantageous.
- Strong analytical skills. Ability to conduct analysis of complex/large data sets, draw conclusions accordingly, and prepare and support decisions.
- Experience at working both independently and in a team-oriented environment.
- Able to deal with Ambiguity - can conform to shifting priorities, and demands
- Ability to effectively prioritize and execute tasks in a fast paced environment.
- Strong written and oral communication skills.
- Familiarity with project management software in the area of cost controlling and Excel.
Every day, Lonza’s products and services have a positive impact on millions of people. For us, this is not only a great privilege, but also a great responsibility. How we achieve our business results is just as important as the achievements themselves. At Lonza, we respect and protect our people and our environment. Any success we achieve is no success at all if it is not achieved ethically.
People come to Lonza for the challenge and creativity of solving complex problems and developing new ideas in life sciences. In return, we offer the satisfaction that comes with improving lives all around the world. The satisfaction that comes with making a meaningful difference.
Lonza is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, religion, color, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, status as a qualified individual with disability, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.