Global Intercompany Manager
United Kingdom, Manchester
Global Intercompany Manager
Today Lonza is a global leader in life sciences. We are more than 15,000 employees in more than 100 locations around the world. While we work in science, there’s no magic formula to how we do it. Our greatest scientific solution is talented people working together, devising ideas that help businesses to help people. In exchange, we let our people own their careers. Their ideas, big and small, genuinely improve the world. And that’s the kind of work we want to be part of.
We are looking for a Global Intercompany Manager to join our Finance function based at our Shared Service Centre in Manchester, UK. The successful candidate will manage day to day operations of the Global Intercompany Team, ensuring Intercompany activities balance at a Global level on a daily basis in accordance with Lonza policies. They will also be responsible for resolution of disputes resulting in Intercompany balancing variances.
- Manage Global Intercompany Team of 4 including training, goal setting and performance reviews
- Maintain working knowledge of Internal Accounting Manuals as they related to Intercompany end-to-end process and ensure compliance
- Coordinate activities performed by other teams (IC Payment, IC Cash Application, Local teams) and ensure performance in accordance with Lonza policies and timelines
- Monitor and resolve automated posting errors, ensure manual posting of invoices occurs daily, ensure Cash Application occurs timely
- Decision maker related to Intercompany disputes including resolution within Lonza Policies and timelines
- Approve Intercompany payments including timely resolution of blocks preventing payment
- Manage responsibility to ensure Intercompany Balances are reconciled at a trading partner level on a daily basis including final month end reconciliation by Day 1 of financial close.
- Ownership of unresolved variances do not exceed Corporate defined threshold at month end close
- Ensure accurate issue tracking is maintained by all team members including root cause, corrective actions required and timing of resolution.
- Produce KPI’s related to Intercompany activities, Ad hoc reporting and manage Ad hoc tasks as requested by Senior Accounting Management
- Qualified Chartered or Certified Accountant being ACA, ACCA qualified or possessing other CCAB recognized qualification
- A degree or equivalent in Accounting / Finance / Economics would be preferred
- SAP experience is a prerequisite
- Strong functional expertise and understanding/interest in end-to-end business processes
- Good communication skills – both written and verbal
- Second language such as German would be desirable but not required
- Ability to create and conduct presentations and trainings effectively
- Skilled and experienced in dealing with senior business managers
- Problem solving and root cause identification skills
- Strong analytic and decision making abilities
- Team management
- Hands-on approach, self-starter mentality
- Strong service orientation
- Good interpersonal skills and positive attitude
- Able to work effectively at all levels in an organization
- Must be a team player and able to work with and through others
- Ability to influence others and move toward a common vision or goal
People come to Lonza for the challenge and creativity of solving complex problems and developing new ideas in life sciences. In return, we offer the satisfaction that comes with improving lives all around the world. The satisfaction that comes with making a meaningful difference.