Intern Business Analyst
As part of Lonza Specialty Ingredients (LSI) as a Business Analyst Intern as part of our Marketing and Sales Excellence team, you will provide input to the following topics/tasks: master data maintenance, generation of guidelines/training documents + training of users for specific tools/processes, SFDC and account plan maintenance, analysis of the sales data and preparation of appropriate reports. BU support for various tools and platforms (Sharepoint, IBP, Business Warehouse). Support the Global Head of Sales Operations concerning inputs for ad-hoc requests from BU management and various corporate functions. You will be a member of various (Cross-)Business unit/corporate projects/teams and act as a proxy if the Global Head Sales Operations is not available. Takes over responsibility/leadership for strategic projects.
- Supports users if they face problems with the following tools: SharePoint, SAP, BW, SFDC, Sales Planning (IBP).
- Support in analysis of the sales data and preparation of appropriate reports for management, global sales and sales colleagues.
- Provides input for ad-hoc BU Management presentations.
- MI-DA: collaboration in the MI-DA team which addresses the creation/coordination of sales related attributes for the SAP Master Data. Act as a proxy if the Head Sales Operations is not available.
- Member of the Lonza SFDC super user group and participates in regular meetings.
- Participate in strategic projects.
- Elaboration of guidelines (SOPs) and training documents for recurrent work (e.g. guidelines for master data maintenance, the usage of the SFDC, the use of IBP, BW and other tools).
- Perform regular user trainings for existing and new features for all sales related tools for the different functions and regions.
- Provides support for Salesforce.com and supervises features like opportunities, leads, reports, dashboards, etc. Is involved in testing and implementation of new features, represents the specific needs of the BU AI, acts as an interface between IT/sales and secures the implementation in the BU.
- The supervision includes the sending out reminders to keep the key items updated by the team.
- Master Data maintenance: classification and segmentation of customers incl. attractiveness: prepare spreadsheets according to relevant sales data and manage workshops for the verification and review of the classification and segmentation proposals.
- On-going tasks: regular review/maintenance of customer segmentation/classification, customer hierarchies (legal structure), product hierarchies and sales related SAP attributes (market fields, sales responsible, forecast accountable, product manager, IPM project data) in collaboration with the BU controller and the sales organization.
- Proficient in working with Microsoft tools (Excel, Power Point, Word, Outlook), esp. Power Pivot and Analysis.
- Outstanding Excel-knowhow including macros.
- Solid experience with SAP and Business warehouse ,IBP, Salesforce.com
- Analytical thinking.
- Creative in searching for solutions.
- Good written and verbal English.
- Accuracy and attention to detail.
- An ability to work efficiently to deadlines.
- Action and solution oriented.
- Team player with good communication skills.
People come to Lonza for the challenge and creativity of solving complex problems and developing new ideas in life sciences. In return, we offer the satisfaction that comes with improving lives all around the world. The satisfaction that comes with making a meaningful difference.