Business Development & Clinical Applications Manager (Personalized Medicine)
United States, Walkersville (Maryland)
Today Lonza is a global leader in life sciences. We are more than 15,000 employees in more than 100 locations around the world. While we work in science, there’s no magic formula to how we do it. Our greatest scientific solution is talented people working together, devising ideas that help businesses to help people. In exchange, we let our people own their careers. Their ideas, big and small, genuinely improve the world. And that’s the kind of work we want to be part of.
As part of Lonza’s Personalized Medicine team, you will be working in a new and dynamic environment at the cutting edge of cell therapy manufacturing technology (Cocoon® Platform) . This role is focused on creating strategy and long-term relationships with commercial and academic customers who currently have, or are looking to build, automated solutions into their Cell & Gene Therapy portfolios and pipelines. The ideal candidate for this opportunity has a scientific background and experience in immunology, immunotherapy, cell therapy, cell manufacturing processes, assays, cGMP documentation, and bioreactors. You will be managing a territory in North America and ideally will be located near DC, Philadelphia, Boston, New York, Houston, San Francisco, San Diego.
- Works within Commercial Development team to assist in developing specific account strategies, account portfolios, a territory management plan, setting sales targets, and identifying strategic accounts in order to reach and exceed annual business revenue targets
- Assesses opportunities and develops a tailored proposal and value proposition to various client segments
- Develops, nurtures and maintains a strong network in the Cell and Gene Therapy market from which to drive future opportunities including spending time in the field networking and attending conferences to generate new prospects, leads and opportunities.
- Utilize an in-depth technical knowledge and expertise in cell therapy to serve as the technical lead for scientific inquiries and applications
- Promote customer satisfaction by performing demonstrations, providing quotes, service information, answering inquiries, investigating complaints, managing orders and taking immediate appropriate action, and providing after-sales support utilizing all available resources.
- Communicate best practices, sales success and assist in training and coaching team members
- Maintain customer database, accurate quarterly forecasting and opportunity pipeline management.
- Works closely with marketing department to support tradeshows, roadshows and conferences.
- Works within the Commercial Development team to engage marketing with voice of customer, reporting competitive information and activity, and identifying marketing collateral tone/messaging
- Critically analyzes processes for improvement and scalability. Utilizes expertise in cell therapy technologies to establish and optimize new processes for manufacturing.
- Compiles and analyzes data, troubleshoots processes, and summarizes results in high-quality reports and laboratory records.
- Collects and relays customer complaints, feedback, and ideas to their appropriate departments.
- Promotes the Cocoon® Platform to the cellular therapy community through seminars, conference attendance, etc.
- Bachelor’s of Science in Biology, Immunology or related field; PhD in Biology, Immunology or related field is preferred
- Significant Sales and/or Business Development experience in the biotech or pharmaceutical industry; experience working in a sales role in Immunology, Immunotherapy, Cell Therapy, Bioreactors and Cell Growth Media
- Knowledge of key concepts of process development and manufacturing under cGMP
- A good understanding of Cell Therapy product development including commercialization concepts
- Valid passport/visa for international work
- Computer skills, MS Office, Salesforce, Outlook
- Comfort with hands-on work with capital equipment
- Ability to work in classified environments
- Attention to detail
- Thorough and clear documentation skills
- Systematic and organized workflow
- Independent task management and ability to make decisions
- Communication skills for relaying information to Lonza and customers
- Willingness to travel >50% (North America)
Every day, Lonza’s products and services have a positive impact on millions of people. For us, this is not only a great privilege, but also a great responsibility. How we achieve our business results is just as important as the achievements themselves. At Lonza, we respect and protect our people and our environment. Any success we achieve is no success at all if not achieved ethically.
People come to Lonza for the challenge and creativity of solving complex problems and developing new ideas in life sciences. In return, we offer the satisfaction that comes with improving lives all around the world. The satisfaction that comes with making a meaningful difference.
Lonza is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, religion, color, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, status as a qualified individual with disability, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.