Assistant Manager, Logistics
Today Lonza is a global leader in life sciences. We are more than 15,000 employees in more than 100 locations around the world. While we work in science, there’s no magic formula to how we do it. Our greatest scientific solution is talented people working together, devising ideas that help businesses to help people. In exchange, we let our people own their careers. Their ideas, big and small, genuinely improve the world. And that’s the kind of work we want to be part of.
This position is based in Dharuhera Plant & is responsible for leading the end-to-end logistics for Haryana site, warehousing and logistics management. Should have good understanding of all matters relating to dispatch of goods to customers, specially forward documentation & should be able to handle loaders and transporters essential.
- Ensure that all the finished product that comes into the warehouse is neatly and stored in an organized way.
- Make appropriate entries into the records.
- Ensure material storage is done with safety, no harm to product quality and there is ease of retrieval.
- Ensure proper execution of dispatch plan for the day, by organizing transport contractors appropriately
- Supervise loading in the vehicles and proper stacking process is followed
- Make appropriate entries into the ERP/SAP on dispatch of goods and send required intimation to sales, finance etc.
- Ensure timely dispatch and delivery to customers.
- Supervision of the warehouse and to ensure assignment of duties as desired.
- Responsible for monthly freight chart preparation.
- Ensure all good manufacturing practices and policies are met.
- Maintain up to date SO Documentation present and after any changes if any.
- Support and take responsibility for stock taking during Audits.
- Ensure proper inspection of warehouse during customer/regulatory Audits
Every day, Lonza's products and services have a positive impact on millions of people. For us, this is not only a great privilege, but also a great responsibility. How we achieve our business results is just as important as the achievements themselves. At Lonza, we respect and protect our people and our environment. Any success we achieve is no success at all if not achieve ethically.
People come to Lonza for the challenge and creativity of solving complex problems and developing new ideas in life sciences. In return, we offer the satisfaction that comes with improving lives all around the world. The satisfaction that comes with making a meaningful difference.