Capital Projects Planner
United States, Portsmouth (New Hampshire)
Today Lonza is a global leader in life sciences. We are more than 15,000 employees in more than 100 locations around the world. While we work in science, there’s no magic formula to how we do it. Our greatest scientific solution is talented people working together, devising ideas that help businesses to help people. In exchange, we let our people own their careers. Their ideas, big and small, genuinely improve the world. And that’s the kind of work we want to be part of.
Lonza is expanding its current facilities around the globe and requires professionals to support the growth. Lonza is seeking a Planner with relevant experience to support the SGIE Capital Projects for Lonza’s global facilities and infrastructure. This position will be directly responsible for planning and overseeing the planning and reporting of projects through various Project stages.
- Develop, monitor and update integrated project plans and schedules so that projects can be executed in the most efficient manner possible
- Prepare baseline schedules and schedule basis documents for approval by project teams
- Assess impacts to the critical path and near-critical activities and report to the project team
- Monitor schedule deviations and variances and assist in the developing of alternative methods for corrective action
- Prepare and provide schedule progress reports, trending charts and schedule analysis on a periodic basis
- Maintain record of scope changes, trends and variances that potentially affect schedule performance
- Assure credibility of the information contained in the schedule
- Review schedules with project team members on a regular basis to ensure that accurate and timely data is incorporated in the schedule
- Facilitate project scheduling meetings and/or interactive planning meetings as required by the project team
- Substantial experience in panning and ensuring accurate schedules are controlled for large (> 20 Mio CHF) projects. Preferable to also have experience being part of a team planning on large scale projects.
- Language: Excellent command of English.
- Strong analytical skills. Ability to conduct analysis of complex/large data sets, draw conclusions accordingly, and prepare and support decisions.
- Experience at working both independently and in a team-oriented environment.
- Able to deal with Ambiguity - can conform to shifting priorities, and demands
- Ability to effectively prioritize and execute tasks in a fast paced environment.
- Strong written and oral communication skills.
- Familiarity with project management software in the area of cost controlling and Excel.
Every day, Lonza’s products and services have a positive impact on millions of people. For us, this is not only a great privilege, but also a great responsibility. How we achieve our business results is just as important as the achievements themselves. At Lonza, we respect and protect our people and our environment. Any success we achieve is no success at all if it is not achieved ethically.
People come to Lonza for the challenge and creativity of solving complex problems and developing new ideas in life sciences. In return, we offer the satisfaction that comes with improving lives all around the world. The satisfaction that comes with making a meaningful difference.
Lonza is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, religion, color, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, status as a qualified individual with disability, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.