Automation and MES Support Specialist
Today Lonza is a global leader in life sciences. We are more than 15,000 employees in more than 100 locations around the world. While we work in science, there’s no magic formula to how we do it. Our greatest scientific solution is talented people working together, devising ideas that help businesses to help people. In exchange, we let our people own their careers. Their ideas, big and small, genuinely improve the world. And that’s the kind of work we want to be part of.
The Automation & MES Support Specialist will focus on supporting internal customers who use Syncade and DeltaV. This role is also responsible for assisting in performing tasks associated with the creation, maintenance, and upkeep of the Syncade and DeltaV Systems.
- Conduct system troubleshooting on Syncade, and Controls system
- Support floor activities as required to bring running records to successful process conclusion.
- Work closely with Controls and Syncade Supervisors to develop and revise DeltaV Logic, batch records and eDispense records in a timely manner.
- Support Production via the Helpdesk, assisting with production issues.
- Perform testing and validation activities for Syncade and DeltaV changes.
- Perform System administration tasks, i.e. account creation and maintenance, system maintenance, and other tasks as assigned. Receives some guidance from other Engineers and Leads on advanced troubleshooting and tasks.
- Perform tasks related to execution of Process Change Controls and closure of CAPAs. Assess and incorporate Material Masters and general material properties from SAP.
- Develop technical knowledge on manufacturing equipment and processes automation systems
- Support resolution of equipment breakdowns and quality issues in the suites with assistance
- High School Diploma or equivalent required, certification or degree in relevant science or engineering discipline preferred.
- Working experience in a biotech environment, preferable in a manufacturing or engineering function.
- Some knowledge of biotech manufacturing controls and/or MES software and protocols desired.
- Effective written and verbal communication skills. Ability to communicate to internal and externa personnel required.
- Ability to evaluate engineering problems and be able to devise cause and effect relationships and propose solutions.
Every day, Lonza’s products and services have a positive impact on millions of people. For us, this is not only a great privilege, but also a great responsibility. How we achieve our business results is just as important as the achievements themselves. At Lonza, we respect and protect our people and our environment. Any success we achieve is no success at all if it is not achieved ethically.
People come to Lonza for the challenge and creativity of solving complex problems and developing new ideas in life sciences. In return, we offer the satisfaction that comes with improving lives all around the world. The satisfaction that comes with making a meaningful difference.
Lonza is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, religion, color, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, status as a qualified individual with disability, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.