Head of CGT Operations, Singapore
Singapore, Tuas Singapore
Today Lonza is a global leader in life sciences. We are more than 15,000 employees in more than 100 locations around the world. While we work in science, there is no magic formula to how we do it. Our greatest scientific solution is talented people working together, devising ideas that help businesses to help people. In exchange, we let our people own their careers. Their ideas, big and small, genuinely improve the world. And that’s the kind of work we want to be part of.
The Head of Cell & Gene Technology (CGT) Operations is responsible for directing the production of Therapeutic Cell Therapy drug products under cGMP conditions overseeing a “Site within a Site” area. The incumbent is responsible for managing safety, quality, compliance and efficient, product delivery and financial execution. Leading a dedicated management team with full accountability for asset profitability and success. Clear accountability for performance improvements and delivery. The incumbent will have direct responsibility for the operations team and leading via a matrixed organization for functions providing support to execution including PM, QA/ QC, MSAT, SCM/ Logistics and Technical Training. Serving as an integral member of the Site Leadership Team (SLT), the incumbent will be responsible for leading the execution of the management team, business partners and functional management teams.
The incumbent will also be responsible for partnering with customers for delivering a safe and compliant operation both internally and externally. Driving continuous improvement activities, strategy development and delivery, as well as supporting organizational development and cultural leadership. Partnering with Quality Assurance to develop, modify, implement and operate quality systems aligning with Lonza, cGMP and regulatory standards.
- Single point of accountability with authority to execute activities and manage resources necessary for production plan achievement.
- Lead the department, managing safety, quality, compliance and efficient, product delivery, batch release, and financial execution. Empowered to reach across functional areas and across phases of execution.
- Participate in site strategy decisions as a part of the site leadership team for Singapore.
- As a member of the site leadership team, lead cross-functionally with management, support departments, and customers to achieve site vision and strategy.
- Ensure that the manufacturing facility is in a continuous state of readiness for production and GMP audits.
- Supervise, train and mentor the manufacturing management team.
- Create a high-performance team that emphasizes strengths-based execution, accountability, open communication, people development and continuous improvement.
- Focus on people development, identification and development of successors and High Potentials.
- As Head of an Asset, must be able to lead through indirect reporting structure, or dotted-line, and influence to ensure the success of the business, and positive customer outcomes
- Perform other duties as assigned.
- Master or Bachelor degree in Biotechnology and/or any other relevant areas.
- Extensive experience and background in a leading position in Pharmaceutical manufacturing.
- Strong leadership skills and ability to communicate internally and externally at higher levels.
- Recognized subject matter expert in the area of GMP, Biologicals or Cell and Gene Therapy is preferred.
- Biopharma production experience and deep understanding of bioprocesses to resolve problems in a cross-functional environment.
- Experience working in an international company and matrix environment.
- Proven track record of delivering results against short and medium term goals.
- Very good understanding of business and financial processes.
- Leader with dynamic and collaborative style who will effectively drive accountability and results.
Every day, Lonza's products and services have a positive impact on millions of people. For us, this is not only a great privilege, but also a great responsibility. How we achieve our business results is just as important as the achievements themselves. At Lonza, we respect and protect our people and our environment. Any success we achieve is no success at all if not achieve ethically.
People come to Lonza for the challenge and creativity of solving complex problems and developing new ideas in life sciences. In return, we offer the satisfaction that comes with improving lives all around the world. The satisfaction that comes with making a meaningful difference.