Shift Leader, Materials
United States, Bend (Oregon)
Today Lonza is a global leader in life sciences. We are more than 15,000 employees in more than 100 locations around the world. While we work in science, there’s no magic formula to how we do it. Our greatest scientific solution is talented people working together, devising ideas that help businesses to help people. In exchange, we let our people own their careers. Their ideas, big and small, genuinely improve the world. And that’s the kind of work we want to be part of.
Lonza Pharma & Biotech has an opening for a Materials Shift Leader at our Bend, OR location. This is a great opportunity to join the Operations team during substantial growth in a business of developing and manufacturing life-enhancing, life-saving drugs.
- Lead the Material Handlers and ensure the manufacturing team materials onsite inventory and deliveries are managed and maintained to allow for consistent execution for manufacturing
- Ensure Process Order accuracy post manufacturing
- Provide guidance and training to Material Handlers on daily work flow, safety procedures, and SAP (Systems Applications and Products) execution activities
- Responsible for closure of process orders post processing, including:
- ensure accuracy of goods issued to process orders
- ensure accuracy of goods receipts to process orders
- complete production hours confirmation to process orders
- review and fix SAP Process Order Errors
- Review SAP process orders for material and hour variances
- Technically complete (finish/Transaction codes within SAP) after all materials and hours issued/ confirmed to SAP Process Order
- Ensure closure of SAP Process Order
- Ensure SAP accurately reflects manufacturing team inventory
- Responsible for commercial kitting and consumable stock
- Responsible for month end inventory review and trouble shoot discrepancies
- Coordinate and ensure timely completion of Bulk receipts of nitrogen, solvents, and waste
- Schedule, coordinate, and execute equipment transfers for timely delivery to production and warehouse storage
- Implement change controls, execute CAPA’s (Corrective Action Preventative Action), and complete Quality action items
- Lead and participate in Operation Excellence improvement projects
- Review and approve logbooks associated with GMP materials and activities
- Read, write, and understand Standard Operating Procedures (SOP’s)
- High school diploma or GED required; Associate’s Degree or Bachelors degree preferred
- Experience in warehouse logistics
- Experience using SAP; SAP production planning preferred
- Lift 50 pounds from floor
- Lift 25 pounds above head while working
- Move 600 pound barrel with cart
- Manually manipulate drums onto carts and pallets
- Lift awkward 30 pound bags into elevated position
- Manually manipulate small parts
- Climb up and down ladders
- Stand during most of employees shift
Every day, Lonza's products and services have a positive impact on millions of people. For us, this is not only a great privilege, but also a great responsibility. How we achieve our business results is just as important as the achievements themselves. At Lonza, we respect and protect our people and our environment. Any success we achieve is no success at all if not achieved ethically.
People come to Lonza for the challenge and creativity of solving complex problems and developing new ideas in life sciences. In return, we offer the satisfaction that comes with improving lives all around the world. The satisfaction that comes with making a meaningful difference.
Lonza is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, religion, color, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, status as a qualified individual with disability, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.