Associate Senior Scientist, Product Development
United States, Bend (Oregon)
Lonza Pharma & Biotech has an opening for an Associate Senior Scientist, Product Development at our Bend, OR location. We are looking for a self-starter that contributes to a multidisciplinary team to design, develop and advance drug products to the market on behalf of customers and their patients.
A successful Associate Senior Scientist must proactively seek and acquire knowledge to enhance expertise in recognized disciplines, be sound in fundamental scientific knowledge and methods, proactively design model-based studies for multiple programs, proficiently execute a wide range of techniques and processes, demonstrate effective communications internal and external to the organization, be a leader and mentor in the laboratory environment, and contribute to research, innovation and continuous improvement.
- Advanced understanding and application of at least one fundamental discipline with working knowledge of all in the development of technical strategies for programs
- Proactively assist in designing, and executing model-based studies through assimilating and applying straightforward fundamental scientific theories
- Proficiently utilize a wide range of laboratory techniques to execute experiments with high technical quality
- Author and communicate experimental design and outcomes (both written and verbal) to the internal project team and the client without supervision; requiring minimal input and necessary revision
- Routinely read and leverage the scientific literature to support development of innovative technologies; independently acquire knowledge to solve new problems
- Regularly mentors and provides feedback to colleagues
- Selects appropriate models for data analysis and interpretation and understands underlying derivation
- Advanced understanding of technology selection and analytical methods, with knowledge of characterization tools and process design
- Successfully interfaces with colleagues broadly throughout the organization and site to achieve goals
- General familiarity with concepts, technologies, unit operations, and techniques outside of technological focus area
- Contribute to the delivery of innovative solutions that leads to continuous improvement, enhanced intellectual property, and assists in expanding the value-offering to clients
- Supports GMP (Good Manufacturing Practice) method development activities as necessary serving as the SME (Subject Matter Expert) on risk assessments, investigations, troubleshooting, and new product specifications
- BS/MS in Chemistry, Biology, Chemical Engineering, or related discipline and relevant working experience or entry level Ph.D.
- Effective communication skills are required due to the multidisciplinary team structures
- Promote safety and demand high quality standards for work being performed
- Curiosity and a strong foundation in hypothesis testing & critical thinking, chemistry & material science, and data quality & integrity
- Leadership, team-work, customer service aptitude
Every day, Lonza's products and services have a positive impact on millions of people. For us, this is not only a great privilege, but also a great responsibility. How we achieve our business results is just as important as the achievements themselves. At Lonza, we respect and protect our people and our environment. Any success we achieve is no success at all if not achieved ethically.
People come to Lonza for the challenge and creativity of solving complex problems and developing new ideas in life sciences. In return, we offer the satisfaction that comes with improving lives all around the world. The satisfaction that comes with making a meaningful difference.
Lonza is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, religion, color, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, status as a qualified individual with disability, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.