CMMS Program & System Administrator
Today Lonza is a global leader in life sciences. We are more than 15,000 employees in more than 100 locations around the world. While we work in science, there’s no magic formula to how we do it. Our greatest scientific solution is talented people working together, devising ideas that help businesses to help people. In exchange, we let our people own their careers. Their ideas, big and small, genuinely improve the world. And that’s the kind of work we want to be part of.
The CMMS (Computerized maintenance management system) Program & System Administrator is responsible for administration of the SAP Plant Maintenance (PM), Materials Management (MM) modules and calibration software (DMX). Responsible for managing external interfaces that interact with those modules (e.g. CMX, Orchestrate, iLAB, DMS, Network Drives) This position is a strategic function that focuses on developing, enhancing, troubleshooting and integrating best practices into the SAP CMMS and CMX systems to improve business processing, support maintenance teams and ensure preservation of data mandated by the industry. This role is the primary point of contract for site change requests and corporate change notifications.
- Manage and coach a small team, including contractors.
- Owns site CMMS procedures and is responsible for technical content and improving business practices outlined in those procedures.
- Provides technical assistance to site users such as troubleshooting, training, and coaching as required.
- Process user authorization requests for SAP PM & MM module and CMX transactions and ensuring authorized users have completed required training.
- Creates and maintains SAP PM & MM databases.
- Establishes and enforces standard guidelines for database objects that align with corporate global requirements.
- Provides assistance to Global Engineering project teams as needed to integrate new items into the database.
- Works with Global IT when necessary to process mass changes. Assess and execute change controls tasks as required.
- Manages work order / notification processes (e.g. establish work flows, define data entry requirements, manage SAP tables, etc.). Establishes and enforces data entry requirements to ensure quality of data.
- Generates metrics as required and assist with site user analysis requests as needed.
- Works with finance to ensure appropriate cost allocation to orders and generates cost tracking metrics as required.
- Work with site users to identify, prioritize, and implement system improvements.
- Act as point of contact for Global IT to request system configuration changes (EiCRs) and to support similar requests from other sites that affect Portsmouth uses.
- Minimum high school diploma or GED required.
- Significant experience with SAP PM and/or MM module experience required.
- Experience in managing KPIs, self-driven and excellent time management skills required.
- Knowledge with GMP and compliance regulations in a manufacturing environment required.
- Prior experience with SAP finance, HR, and business warehouse modules preferred.
- Prior experience with SAP S4 HANA a plus.
- Maintenance, Logistics, and/or Engineering experience preferred.
- Coding and programming experience required, VBA experience preferred.
- Experience with CMMS integration or implementation projects highly desired.
Every day, Lonza’s products and services have a positive impact on millions of people. For us, this is not only a great privilege, but also a great responsibility. How we achieve our business results is just as important as the achievements themselves. At Lonza, we respect and protect our people and our environment. Any success we achieve is no success at all if it is not achieved ethically.
People come to Lonza for the challenge and creativity of solving complex problems and developing new ideas in life sciences. In return, we offer the satisfaction that comes with improving lives all around the world. The satisfaction that comes with making a meaningful difference.
Lonza is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, religion, color, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, status as a qualified individual with disability, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.