IT SAP Service & Support Analyst
Today, Lonza is a global leader in life sciences operating across three continents. While we work in science, there’s no magic formula to how we do it. Our greatest scientific solution is talented people working together, devising ideas that help businesses to help people. In exchange, we let our people own their careers. Their ideas, big and small, genuinely improve the world. And that’s the kind of work we want to be part of.
The role will be responsible to provide 2nd level IT support services for business and business service organization related to business applications for either SAP FICO&PS, MM&WM&QM or SD&CRM. To analyze IT incidents and investigate, implement and document solutions. Manage IT change requests and contribute to IT projects, studies and trainings. Role will also ensure compliance of new and/or changed IT functionalities with Lonza standards and guidelines.
- Analyze IT incidents raised by users as tickets and/or any other support channel. Perform root cause analysis and investigate solutions. Inform users and/or first level support regarding resolution. Document common questions as knowledge articles.
- Manage system changes considering Lonza validation standards and IT guidelines: Initiate and track IT change requests, inform centers of excellence about raised changes, coordinate approval with system / data owners, perform configuration, collaborate with system development / subject matter experts / external partners for customizations, keep system documentation up-to date, write new concepts / specifications if required, perform functional testing, organize business testing and hand over to user community including training.
- Fulfill addressed activities from IT projects. Participate in hand-over phase from IT projects to IT support organization.
- Liaise with project teams during stabilization phase and contribute to the successful transfer from project phase into regular operations.
- Create IT training material. Provide training to application users. Keep track of trained users. Own authorization roles and organize changes and/or new roles if required.
- Ensure availability of new roles in authorization approval process. Deal with authorization related questions from users.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science/MIS or equivalent degree.
- Expertise in a specific IT setting in SAP FICO&PS, MM&WM&QM or SD&CRM.
- In depth understanding of related master data and processes for either;
- FICO&PS: mainly AP/AR, General ledger, Controlling Product Cost, Revenue Controlling, Assets, Month end closing, Project System and so on.
- MM&WM&QM: mainly material master, material valuation, batch management, internal warehouse and physical inventory processing, packing instructions, barcoding, labeling, quality inspection, material specification, certificate of analysis and so on. SAP Handling Unit Management (HU) is a plus.
- SD&CRM: mainly intercompany replenishment or dropship process, third party sales, debit/credit, return, customer consignment, tax methodology in different countries, price determination, CRM functionalities, interface, reporting and so on. Experience in SFDC will be a plus.
- System configuration and/or customization know how.
- Good understanding of the business processes and concepts being used.
- IT project methodology understanding.
- Analytical skills.
- Ability to effectively collaborate and communicate with internal and external partners.
- Excellent presentation and moderation skills.
Every day, Lonza’s products and services have a positive impact on millions of people. For us, this is not only a great privilege, but also a great responsibility. How we achieve our business results is just as important as the achievements themselves. At Lonza, we respect and protect our people and our environment. Any success we achieve is no success at all if not achieved ethically.
People come to Lonza for the challenge and creativity of solving complex problems and developing new ideas in life sciences. In return, we offer the satisfaction that comes with improving lives all around the world. The satisfaction that comes with making a meaningful difference.