Materials Requirements Planner
United States, Bend (Oregon)
Today Lonza is a global leader in life sciences. We are more than 15,000 employees in more than 100 locations around the world. While we work in science, there’s no magic formula to how we do it. Our greatest scientific solution is talented people working together, devising ideas that help businesses to help people. In exchange, we let our people own their careers. Their ideas, big and small, genuinely improve the world. And that’s the kind of work we want to be part of.
Lonza Pharma & Biotech has an open position for an experienced Materials Requirements Planner with our Supply Planning team at our location in Bend, OR.
- Perform all routine tasks to convert planned orders into material plans including the creation and management of material planned requirements
- Liaison with Supply Planner and Schedulers to ensure all material plans are up to date and responsive to changes in material requirements
- Creation and maintenance of detailed material planning parameters in Planning systems
- Liaison with procurement to agree conversion of the material requirements plan into Purchase Orders
- Expediting material availability through liaison with procurement and teams involved with inbound material processing
- Creation and management of material related KPIs and measures to ensure accurate understanding of material availability
- Execution of key material availability, mobilization or write actions to support optimal management of inventory
- Bachelor’s degree is required
- Experience with ERP (Enterprise Resource Planning) Systems
- Prior experience with supply chain; e.g. supply planning, MRP (Material Requirement Planning), demand planning, inventory management
- Excellent attention to detail and strong aptitude for working on multiple projects in a fast-paced environment
- Ability to influence both Supply Chain and functional leaders to support inventory management/ strategy recommendations
- Good communication and presentation skills. Ability to present ideas in a clear and concise manner
- Strong analytical skills with the ability to define metrics (KPI’s) and identify issues through root cause analysis
- Competent using MS Office suite, particularly Excel and PowerPoint
- Ability to utilize Business Intelligence systems to extract data and generate reports
- Displays good problem solving skills
- Exhibits time management skills
Every day, Lonza's products and services have a positive impact on millions of people. For us, this is not only a great privilege, but also a great responsibility. How we achieve our business results is just as important as the achievements themselves. At Lonza, we respect and protect our people and our environment. Any success we achieve is no success at all if not achieved ethically.
People come to Lonza for the challenge and creativity of solving complex problems and developing new ideas in life sciences. In return, we offer the satisfaction that comes with improving lives all around the world. The satisfaction that comes with making a meaningful difference.
Lonza is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, religion, color, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, status as a qualified individual with disability, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.