Senior Manager, CGT Program Manager
United States, Portsmouth (New Hampshire)
Today Lonza is a global leader in life sciences. We are more than 15,000 employees in more than 100 locations around the world. While we work in science, there’s no magic formula to how we do it. Our greatest scientific solution is talented people working together, devising ideas that help businesses to help people. In exchange, we let our people own their careers. Their ideas, big and small, genuinely improve the world. And that’s the kind of work we want to be part of.
Lonza in Portsmouth, NH is searching for a Sr. Manager for Cell Therapy Program Management to join our growing Program Management team. As our Sr. Manager for Cell Therapy Program Management, you will be responsible to ensure flawless and smooth execution of the contracted programs according to defined timelines and cost, via leading multidisciplinary project teams. In this role, you are the key interface between Sales and Operations organizations and the customer.
- Key role is to ensure consistent, flawless, project execution to our customers in their respective sites, via leading and managing a local Program Management group, maintaining, coaching and developing a customer focused Program Management organization.
- Leadership, business acumen, and ensuring project profitability are key focus areas of the role. PM Group Leader fosters implementation of the Program Management best practices from the global PM organization and actively contributes to improvements areas identification.
- Actively drive harmonization and standardization across multiple sites and technologies. Drive change in this respect. Always ensure one face to customer.
- At every point in time maintain knowledge of all programs handled within the group and ensure a top-level understanding of their current status.
- Support Program Managers in issues resolution and prioritization through the programs execution. Effectively manage resource to meet demand and keep programs on track.
- Direct, lead, motivate and coach multi-disciplinary project teams and hold team members accountable to deliver results within an agreed project governance structure with a key focus on customer centricity and internally on quality, cost, profitability, timeline and risk management and creating mid-long term program strategies in conjunction with the Account Managers.
- Demonstrated leadership/previous management experience in a matrix environment.
- Bachelor or Advanced (MS/PhD). Preferred area of study in Biology, Biochemistry or Related Science Fields.
- PMP preferred.
- Strategic, operational, and technical project management experience within a cGMP industry required.
- Excellent communication skills with the ability to collaborate across multiple teams and projects.
- This role is site based where the work is executed, but also travelling to other Lonza sites, to customers or to conferences.
Every day, Lonza's products and services have a positive impact on millions of people. For us, this is not only a great privilege, but also a great responsibility. How we achieve our business results is just as important as the achievements themselves. At Lonza, we respect and protect our people and our environment. Any success we achieve is no success at all if not achieved ethically.
People come to Lonza for the challenge and creativity of solving complex problems and developing new ideas in life sciences. In return, we offer the satisfaction that comes with improving lives all around the world. The satisfaction that comes with making a meaningful difference.
Lonza is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, religion, color, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, status as a qualified individual with disability, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.