Technology Lead Automation & Controls
Singapore, Tuas Singapore
Today Lonza is a global leader in life sciences. We are more than 15,000 employees in more than 100 locations around the world. While we work in science, there’s no magic formula to how we do it. Our greatest scientific solution is talented people working together, devising ideas that help businesses to help people. In exchange, we let our people own their careers. Their ideas, big and small, genuinely improve the world. And that’s the kind of work we want to be part of.
As one of the world’s most renowned companies for contract development and manufacturing, Lonza Pharma & Biotech is recognized for our reliable, high-quality services, our global capacity, our innovative technology platforms, and our extensive experience. Our broad capabilities span across biologics, small molecules, bioconjugates, and cell and gene therapies. The Procurement organization is a critical component of driving business continuity, enabling growth and providing a source of competitiveness to Lonza. Become part of this exciting opportunity by applying for the position as Technology Lead Automation & Controls.
- Support local Automation & Control teams to execute the automation aspects of capital projects on time, in scope and on budget
- Lead, manage and support the development of global automation team members
- Develop and maintain together with procurement organization strong relationships (master service agreements) with technology suppliers and third party contractors
- Set up global strategy for the standardization of systems for Automation & Controls throughout Lonza Pharma & Biotech (LPBN) in collaboration with SGIE Platforms
- Drive innovation within automation and controls to achieve improvements to plant operations / throughput / compliance
- Engineering Degree, post graduate qualification preferred
- Substantial experience in Automation and Controls, preferably in a Pharma company
- Experience with large complex Construction projects and an EPCM environment
- Technically strong in process controls systems including PCS (DeltaV), PLC’s, EBR and MES (Syncade) systems.
- Understanding of the Automation & Controls elements of construction
- English speaking, knowledge of German is of advantage
- Strong project management and organizational skills and experience managing teams
- Demonstrates strong communication and teamwork skills, particularly in stressful situations.
- Ability to influence key/senior stakeholders.
- Understanding of how to get things done in different cultures.
- High energy levels with a passion for what you do.
- Organized and structured good attention to details.
- Strong analytical and problem solving skills
Every day, Lonza’s products and services have a positive impact on millions of people. For us, this is not only a great privilege, but also a great responsibility. How we achieve our business results is just as important as the achievements themselves. At Lonza, we respect and protect our people and our environment. Any success we achieve is no success at all if not achieved ethically.
People come to Lonza for the challenge and creativity of solving complex problems and developing new ideas in life sciences. In return, we offer the satisfaction that comes with improving lives all around the world. The satisfaction that comes with making a meaningful difference.