United States, Greenwood (South Carolina)
Today Lonza is a global leader in life sciences. We are more than 15,000 employees in more than 100 locations around the world. While we work in science, there’s no magic formula to how we do it. Our greatest scientific solution is talented people working together, devising ideas that help businesses to help people. In exchange, we let our people own their careers. Their ideas, big and small, genuinely improve the world. And that’s the kind of work we want to be part of.
Responsible for the daily functions that support the testing of raw materials, in-process samples, environmental monitoring, and finished goods. Responsible for ensuring compliance with company and compendial specifications, quality standards, and global regulations in support of the Hard Capsule (HC) and Dosage Forms & Development Services (DFDS) businesses.
- Responsible for putting the safety of themselves and their team first in every aspect of their job functions
- Responsible to perform, analyze, and interpret microbial samples and testing for HC and DFDS businesses, including raw materials, in-process, environmental monitoring, finished goods, and stability; in accordance with current USP and other regulatory requirements
- Responsible for the collection of HC in-process, environmental monitoring, and finished goods samples for analysis
- Responsible for the collection of DFDS environmental monitoring samples for analysis
- Responsible for the laboratory receipt of all sample types on a daily basis
- Responsible for maintaining the data trending for environmental monitoring program and the preparation of monthly and quarterly reports for HC and DFDS
- Assists with general laboratory housekeeping, including 5S principles
- Assists in the preparation of media and ensures sufficient qualities are available for testing
- Assists in the monitoring consumables inventory and ensuring proper levels are maintained
- Assists with equipment calibration and verification
- Supports Microbiologist and Senior Microbiologists with HC and DFDS validation execution and testing
- Supports Microbiologist and Senior Microbiologists with laboratory investigations
- Supports Microbiologist and Senior Microbiologists with special projects related to microbiology laboratory and continuous improvement
- Bachelors in Biological Science or similar required
- Experience with balances, ovens, pH meters, incubators, autoclave, dishwasher, laminar-flow hood, and Vitek Identification System is preferred.
- Strong proficiency with word processing and spreadsheet software
- Strong and professional communication skills (written and verbal)
- Demonstrated proficiency with standard laboratory equipment
- Must be highly organized, detail oriented and able to manage multiple projects
Every day, Lonza’s products and services have a positive impact on millions of people. For us, this is not only a great privilege, but also a great responsibility. How we achieve our business results is just as important as the achievements themselves. At Lonza, we respect and protect our people and our environment. Any success we achieve is no success at all if not achieved ethically.
People come to Lonza for the challenge and creativity of solving complex problems and developing new ideas in life sciences. In return, we offer the satisfaction that comes with improving lives all around the world. The satisfaction that comes with making a meaningful difference.
Lonza is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, religion, color, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, status as a qualified individual with disability, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.