Today, Lonza is a global leader in life sciences operating across three continents. While we work in science, there’s no magic formula to how we do it. Our greatest scientific solution is talented people working together, devising ideas that help businesses to help people. In exchange, we let our people own their careers. Their ideas, big and small, genuinely improve the world. And that’s the kind of work we want to be part of.
This position reports to the Sr. Manager, Engineering. Incumbent will help to plan projects and establish the criteria by which project success will be measured. Required to establish project inspection criteria, coordinate the review of project designs and ensure the proper implementation of project elements. Responsible for schedule, plan, forecast, resource management, and all technical activities assuring project accuracy and quality from conception to completion. Generate technical work instructions and SOP’s that will serve as a platform to train manufacturing colleagues. Ensure projects abide by all local, state and federal guidelines and codes. Keep safety at the forefront of all designs taking into account the welfare of our colleagues, vendors, contractors and visitors.
- Being a site with lofty and aggressive expansion plans, the candidate will play an instrumental role in the design of the campus’ master plan.
- Prepare, schedule, coordinate and monitor all assigned engineering projects.
- Monitor compliance to applicable codes, practices, safety policies, QA/QC policies, performance standards and specifications.
- Perform overall quality control of the work (budget, schedule, plans, contractor’s performance) and report regularly on project status ensuring projects are completed OTIF.
- Review engineering deliverables and initiate appropriate corrective actions
- Develop the specifications for all equipment that are required for each project
- Oversee the design, implementation and commissioning of key projects up to $5MM aimed at improving safety, quality, cost and capacity
- Bachelor of Science degree in Chemical or Mechanical Engineering
- Ability to make decisions under time constraints
- Demonstrated proficiency using Microsoft Suite
- High level of knowledge using design and visualization software such as AutoCAD
- Ability to work in an office environment as well as in the field as requested
- Ability to learn company specific software as needed or required
- Prior experience in construction or relative field preferred
- Ability to analyze and trend data via statistical analysis to predict equipment performance
- Ability to collaborate with different functional groups and prioritize organizational needs
- Experience working in FDA regulated environment is preferred
- Experience designing processing suites, utility systems (critical and non-critical) in food & beverage, pharmaceutical or nutraceutical sectors is a plus
- Minimum two (2) years of experience designing & managing projects in the above-mentioned industries
- Licensed PE (professional engineer) is preferred
Every day, Lonza’s products and services have a positive impact on millions of people. For us, this is not only a great privilege, but also a great responsibility. How we achieve our business results is just as important as the achievements themselves. At Lonza, we respect and protect our people and our environment. Any success we achieve is no success at all if not achieved ethically.
People come to Lonza for the challenge and creativity of solving complex problems and developing new ideas in life sciences. In return, we offer the satisfaction that comes with improving lives all around the world. The satisfaction that comes with making a meaningful difference.
Lonza is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, religion, color, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, status as a qualified individual with disability, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.