Quality Assurance Project Manager
Today Lonza is a global leader in life sciences. We are more than 15,000 employees in more than 100 locations around the world. While we work in science, there’s no magic formula to how we do it. Our greatest scientific solution is talented people working together, devising ideas that help businesses to help people. In exchange, we let our people own their careers. Their ideas, big and small, genuinely improve the world. And that’s the kind of work we want to be part of.
The Quality Assurance Project Manager, is assigned as the primary liaison to an external customer(s) for all quality-related items including temporary and permanent change controls, deviations, standalone investigations, CAPAs, and facilitates discussions between customers and internal groups such as MSAT, Manufacturing, Engineering and QC. For these quality-related items, the incumbent manages the process for notifying the customer and assuring the customer’s feedback and comments are addressed, verifies that the quality records are complete; that there is sound justification/scientific rationale, that root cause analysis and corrective and preventive action is appropriate and, where applicable, that customer approval is received. The QA Project Manager participates/leads Joint Quality Team meetings –establishes agendas, publishes meeting minutes and tracks action items; participates in Internal and Joint Project Team (IPT/JPT) meetings as the QA representative and tracks and publishes monthly and quarterly quality KPIs. Product Quality Reviews and Quality Agreements are handled in collaboration with the QA Manager and the QA Project Manager.
- Partner with internal functional areas as part of the change control process.
- Participates in departmental Functional Leadership Team meetings and provides input on departmental strategic decisions.
- Manage projects from concept to completion; create and manage project plan, work cross functionally to ensure right first time and provide adequate training to impacted areas with support from QA Manager
- Support the Deviation, Investigation, and CAPA processes specific to their assigned customers; review and approve investigation reports including root cause analysis and assure corrective and preventive actions address the root cause to prevent recurrence
- Interact with internal and external customer as part of Joint and Internal project Teams serving as the Quality Subject Matter Expert for any customer related quality issues.
- Track and present customer metrics.
- Client project status report required on monthly basis to QA Manager
- Support customer audits, acts as SME for the project.
- Significant experience in GMP environment and QA related tasks. Biotechnology manufacturing background is preferred
- Experience within sterile manufacturing
- Project Management Experience within a QA operations setting.
- Demonstrates flexibility to adapt to changing business priorities.
- Ability to work inter-departmentally and with customers.
- Demonstrates role model behaviours for operating in a GMP manner.
- Demonstrate ability for effective Planning, Organizing and Controlling competency
- Demonstrate sound decision making, considering broad scope of factors
- Able to manage multiple priorities and achieve results.
- Good ability to complete assignments under tight timelines, and work under pressure.
- Demonstrates knowledge on continuous improvement within the adherence to standardized procedures & cGMP compliance
- Detail-oriented and self-motivated
- Displays a clear willingness to listen to others
- Self-starter, solid written and verbal communication, good attention to detail, works effectively individually and with teams, positive attitude, customer focused,
- Practices safety awareness at all times.
Every day, Lonza’s products and services have a positive impact on millions of people. For us, this is not only a great privilege, but also a great responsibility. How we achieve our business results is just as important as the achievements themselves. At Lonza, we respect and protect our people and our environment. Any success we achieve is no success at all if not achieved ethically.
People come to Lonza for the challenge and creativity of solving complex problems and developing new ideas in life sciences. In return, we offer the satisfaction that comes with improving lives all around the world. The satisfaction that comes with making a meaningful difference.