Head of Strategic Quality Management
Today Lonza is a global leader in life sciences. We are more than 15,000 employees in more than 100 locations around the world. While we work in science, there’s no magic formula to how we do it. Our greatest scientific solution is talented people working together, devising ideas that help businesses to help people. In exchange, we let our people own their careers. Their ideas, big and small, genuinely improve the world. And that’s the kind of work we want to be part of.
We are currently looking for an experienced Head of Strategic Quality Management to join us based at our offices in Basel.
You will be responsible for leading and coordinates strategic projects related to the global implementation of the quality strategy. The main goal is to harmonise QC & QA approaches within Lonza, increase efficiency, develop internal knowhow and proactively tackle potential compliance/ quality gaps.
Aligned with the overall quality strategy and operational excellence initiatives from business functions, identifies business cases, supports investment requests (CAR) and leads project execution for major process standardization and change & innovation projects at multiple sites.
- Supports the identification, definition and scoping of strategic goals.
- Translates strategic goals into projects to be initiated and executed all over the global LPBN (Lonza Pharma Biotech & Nutrition) Quality network
- Preparation, alignment & execution of a multi-year plan.
- Responsible for development and overall execution lead of critical improvement projects needed for a robust operations execution, significantly improved profitability and to deliver the growth strategy aligned with the BSR.
- Actively selects appropriate team members capable to contribute to the project goals and acting as change agents in the Organization.
- Directs and motivates multi-disciplinary, multi-site project teams and hold team members accountable to deliver results within an agreed project governance structure to achieve the project goals.
- Actively leads changes to the organization for both, people and technical aspects.
- Overall responsible for the project budget; monitors effectiveness of implementation and reports back to stakeholders.
- Leads multidisciplinary and multi-site project teams.
- Acts as an interface to Global Operations and Functions and the local QA and QC line management.
- Develop and implement operations strategic improvement-projects.
What we need you to have:
- MSc or equivalent qualified
- Extensive industry experience within the Pharmaceutical industry within Quality.
- Advanced Project Management Skills
- Fluency in English
- Ability to drive change
- Will be to act as a key communication link between operational layers and senior stakeholders
Every day, Lonza’s products and services have a positive impact on millions of people. For us, this is not only a great privilege, but also a great responsibility. How we achieve our business results is just as important as the achievements themselves. At Lonza, we respect and protect our people and our environment. Any success we achieve is no success at all if not achieved ethically.
People come to Lonza for the challenge and creativity of solving complex problems and developing new ideas in life sciences. In return, we offer the satisfaction that comes with improving lives all around the world. The satisfaction that comes with making a meaningful difference.