Global Product- & Pricing Manager
United Kingdom, Castelford
Today Lonza is a global leader in life sciences. We are more than 15,000 employees in more than 100 locations around the world. While we work in science, there’s no magic formula to how we do it. Our greatest scientific solution is talented people working together, devising ideas that help businesses to help people. In exchange, we let our people own their careers. Their ideas, big and small, genuinely improve the world. And that’s the kind of work we want to be part of.
As part of Lonza Specialty Ingredients (LSI), you join the Microbial Control Solutions (MCS) team in Basel. As Global Product Manager (GPM), you are responsible to develop and implement a product roadmap across market fields and regions that incorporates mid-term asset and pricing strategies to maximize overall profitability and enable sustainable growth.
In this position, you manage the product portfolios globally and act as a bridging function in the value chain between inbound (e.g. Operations, Procurement, Supply Chain) and outbound focused functions (e.g. Marketing, Sales), facilitating information sharing and cooperation between all stakeholders.
The GPM drives his/her Operative Pricing & Margin Management, Asset Management and Product Stewardship related tasks accordingly.
Operative Pricing & Margin Management
- Drive the operative pricing management process and tactical pricing tasks in special events (e.g. peak demand, shortage, raw material volatility), owning the decisive input for pricing decisions on Core Products and Market Standards within the assigned market fields / product groups.
- Through developed pricing strategies, increase margins (absolute & relative) in the assigned portfolio via strong cross-functional engagement and sophisticated pricing techniques.
- Proactively coordinate cross-functional cooperation, sourcing input, market and competitive intelligence to improve alignment of pricing, business goals and margin optimizations.
- Develop and manage the price bands (min/max) and margin expectations, incorporating Marketing inputs on value price driven products.
- Review regularly the pricing effectiveness, set and actively track KPI’s on price and margin realization, and implement corrective and mitigation actions on the whole value and volume driven product portfolios through profound analytics in order to optimize GP globally and cross-market field in collaboration with key functions (e.g. Marketing, Commercial Operations, and Controlling).
- Perform a governance and compliance role regarding the correct adherence to the price setting process and guidelines.
- Define the portfolio related asset strategy in order to support sustainable business growth and accommodate new product releases.
- Perform asset footprint related risk assessments & builds business continuity plans into the Product Roadmap.
- Provide guidance on target costing to relevant operations and supply chain functions.
- Drive asset focused gross profit optimization projects, affecting different product portfolios.
- Have the sign off responsibility of MTO/MTS and inventory level reviews in cooperation with Supply chain and govern oversold situation and related allocations.
- Oversee Product Master Data maintenance and resolve product information discrepancies.
- You are the gatekeeper of new SKU creations, modifications and rationalizations.
- Facilitate product commercialization and liaise with Front End Development, Product Development, and MPO to ensure smooth implementation of new and revised products. You coordinate product launch activities with marketing, technical, operations, and sales, and support the activities of IPM projects and SFDC opportunities in a way that ensures the market demand and timing is met.
The position requires an estimated 10% travel requirement.
- Master Degree in Chemistry and/or Marketing, Business Management, Purchasing
- Strong knowledge of Commercial and Finance.
- Working experience in a B2B industry in marketing/sales department, product management, strategic procurement or category management
- Efficient communicating in both English and German, negotiating and interpersonal skills, smart in obtaining the relevant market / customer information
- Team player, self-driven, curious, interested in Fine Chemical markets and in general in taking up a new challenge in a competitive environment
- Advanced ability to navigate large datasets and obtain relevant base data in ERP systems
- Excellent skills for MS Office and SAP
- Operational Pricing expertise and experience with Pricing Management Software preferred.
Every day, Lonza’s products and services have a positive impact on millions of people. For us, this is not only a great privilege, but also a great responsibility. How we achieve our business results is just as important as the achievements themselves. At Lonza, we respect and protect our people and our environment. Any success we achieve is no success at all if not achieved ethically.
People come to Lonza for the challenge and creativity of solving complex problems and developing new ideas in life sciences. In return, we offer the satisfaction that comes with improving lives all around the world. The satisfaction that comes with making a meaningful difference.