Cell Therapy Manager Strategic Operations
Today Lonza is a global leader in life sciences. We are more than 15,000 employees in more than 100 locations around the world. While we work in science, there’s no magic formula to how we do it. Our greatest scientific solution is talented people working together, devising ideas that help businesses to help people. In exchange, we let our people own their careers. Their ideas, big and small, genuinely improve the world. And that’s the kind of work we want to be part of.
Lonza Houston’s Cell and Gene Therapy Facility is the largest in the world and our facility is growing. We are looking for professionals to grow with us and we have this exciting opportunity in Cell Therapy. The Manager for Strategic Operations will be responsible to manage the production support of Manufacturing under cGMP conditions, leading the establishment and technical transfer of all operations associated within areas of responsibility, partnering with customers in delivering a safe and compliant operation both internally and externally. Drive continuous improvement activities, strategy development and delivery, as well as supporting organizational development and cultural leadership. Partner with Quality Assurance to develop, modify, implement and operate quality systems aligned with Lonza standards.
- Manage the production support of Manufacturing under cGMP conditions
- Leading the establishment and technical transfer of all operations associated within areas of responsibility
- Drive continuous improvement activities, strategy development and delivery, as well as supporting organizational development and cultural leadership
- Partner with Quality Assurance to develop, modify, implement and operate quality systems aligned with Lonza standards
- attracting and retaining skilled talent; training and encouraging a team-centric environment that improves business performance
- capable of motivating others, creating a positive work climate where interdepartmental collaboration, coaching and performance feedback are continuous
- Capable of clearly assigning objectives, clearly setting and measuring and monitoring progress, marshaling resources and handling competing priorities. Experienced at establishing clear directions, leading others and bringing out their best.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Biotechnology, Biology, Chemistry, or equivalent with Associates degree
- High School Diploma or Equivalent may be considered with relevant experience
- In depth knowledge of pharmaceutical manufacturing, safe work environment leadership, delivery of RFT, and leadership and development of leadership teams delivering progressive continuous improvement in a multi-layered organization.
- Experience with 6S and Lean Manufacturing, Lean Six Sigma Green belt or black belt preferred
- Expert Level knowledge of cGMP facilities and cGMP requirements and API.
- Expert Level experience in biomanufacturing; GMP setting required,
Every day, Lonza’s products and services have a positive impact on millions of people. For us, this is not only a great privilege, but also a great responsibility. How we achieve our business results is just as important as the achievements themselves. At Lonza, we respect and protect our people and our environment. Any success we achieve is no success at all if not achieved ethically.
People come to Lonza for the challenge and creativity of solving complex problems and developing new ideas in life sciences. In return, we offer the satisfaction that comes with improving lives all around the world. The satisfaction that comes with making a meaningful difference.
Lonza is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, religion, color, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, status as a qualified individual with disability, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.