CAPEX Project Lead (Shared Infrastructure)
Today Lonza is a global leader in life sciences. We are more than 15,000 employees in more than 100 locations around the world. While we work in science, there’s no magic formula to how we do it. Our greatest scientific solution is talented people working together, devising ideas that help businesses to help people. In exchange, we let our people own their careers. Their ideas, big and small, genuinely improve the world. And that’s the kind of work we want to be part of.
Lonza in Visp is looking for a CAPEX Project Lead. The CAPEX Project Lead is responsible for the design, execution and hand-over of CAPEX large investment projects in Visp Shared Infrastructure areas within safety, cost, schedule, quality and functionality. This includes the capability to manage and to provide the leadership to a multinational project team as well the capability to interact with the senior management. This role is at a Senior Manager level and has operative leadership of large CAPEX projects in SI the range of 25 – 120 M CHF.
- Ensure the compliance with all pertinent safety policies, rules and regulations.
- Establish the project CAPEX charter including scope of work, goals and deliverables together with the relevant site level senior management and stakeholders.
- Execute the CAPEX project according to budget, scope and on-time deliverables
- Ensure that the adequate project control systems needed to manage the risk, cost and schedule are timely in place.
- Conduct regular engineering and project control reviews with the project team in order to ensure that the project execution is on track (safety, quality, cost & schedule) and to identify and implement remedial action(s) in case of any deviation from project objectives.
- Define and implement overall project resources (internal and external) and to provide daily leadership.
- Ensure the implementation of the state-of-the-art technical solutions and to ensure compliance with internal and external quality, safety and ecology standards.
- Ensure the sharing and leveraging of best practices and expertise within Lonza’s engineering community.
- Ensure the successful hand-over the project to the user-team including the right level of training and correct documentation
- 10 years in investment projects (CAPEX) in international environment.
- Successful project management and leadership experience on major investment projects in international environment
- Excellent project management skills including contract management
- Broad project controlling and project appraisal knowledge
- Knowledge in plant and / or pharmaceutical engineering
- Wide interdisciplinary knowledge
- Extended HSE and GxP/QA knowledge
- Fluent English is required, German is a plus
Every day, Lonza’s products and services have a positive impact on millions of people. For us, this is not only a great privilege, but also a great responsibility. How we achieve our business results is just as important as the achievements themselves. At Lonza, we respect and protect our people and our environment. Any success we achieve is no success at all if not achieved ethically.
People come to Lonza for the challenge and creativity of solving complex problems and developing new ideas in life sciences. In return, we offer the satisfaction that comes with improving lives all around the world. The satisfaction that comes with making a meaningful difference.