United States, Greenwood (South Carolina)
Today Lonza is a global leader in life sciences. We are more than 15,000 employees in more than 100 locations around the world. While we work in science, there’s no magic formula to how we do it. Our greatest scientific solution is talented people working together, devising ideas that help businesses to help people. In exchange, we let our people own their careers. Their ideas, big and small, genuinely improve the world. And that’s the kind of work we want to be part of.
Monitor open delivery report, accurately pull and prepare spare part deliveries for shipment to end customers, coordinate with Global Supply Chain Coordinators to ensure correct documentation is sent with each delivery, use courier kiosk to print shipping labels, update SAP with tracking data and post goods issue, general documentation filing as needed.
- Work safely and address any potential safety hazards.
- Pull, count, and prepare outgoing goods for shipment based upon open delivery report.
- Prepare courier shipping labels.
- Coordinate shipments with global supply chain coordinators.
- Process transfers moving to another warehouse.
- Accurately post goods issue deliveries in the Lonza SAP systems within 24 hours of shipment.
- Maintain records of all shipments departing warehouse.
- Double check shipping documents to ensure all items are accounted for.
- Complete daily housekeeping assignment of the store area.
- Handle telephone inquiries on shipped goods and related services. Interacts with Global Supply Chain in order to resolve any problem shipments.
- Use dollies, fork trucks and other moving equipment to transport shipments from shipping to loading dock.
- Contact Storeroom Coordinator and Global Supply Chain Coordinators to resolve discrepancies or delays.
- High School Diploma
- Experience in a clerical type office environment.
- Must be computer literate, with a background in data entry.
- Must be able to obtain fork truck certification.
- Demonstrate strong organizational skills.
- Physical strength to move materials by hand.
- Exhibits the ability to use inventory software efficiently.
- Possesses basic math skills.
- Works well with a team.
- Communicates clearly and effectively
- Demonstrates strong interpersonal skills.
- Exhibits familiarity with shipping procedures.
- Is capable of operating fork trucks and other equipment to move heavy items.
- Demonstrates awareness of proper warehouse and factory safety procedures.
Everyday, Lonza’s products and services have a positive impact on millions of people. For us, this is not only a great privilege, but also a great responsibility. How we achieve our business results is just as important as the achievement themselves. At Lonza, we respect and protect our people and our environment. Any success we achieve is no success at all of not achieved ethically.
People come to Lonza for the challenge and creativity of solving complex problems and developing new ideas in life sciences. In return, we offer the satisfaction that comes with improving lives all around the world. The satisfaction that comes with making a meaningful difference.
Lonza is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, religion, color, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, status as a qualified individual with disability, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.