Category Manager, Petrochemicals and Distribution Products
United States, Morristown (New Jersey)
Global Category Manager, Petrochemicals and Distribution Products
Today Lonza is a global leader in life sciences. We are more than 15,000 employees in more than 100 locations around the world. While we work in science, there’s no magic formula to how we do it. Our greatest scientific solution is talented people working together, devising ideas that help businesses to help people. In exchange, we let our people own their careers. Their ideas, big and small, genuinely improve the world. And that’s the kind of work we want to be part of.
Lonza is looking for a Global Category Manager to lead and assume full accountability for Global Petrochemicals and Distribution Products Category representing 100m CHF annual spend supporting all LSI businesses in all of regions globally. Identify and deliver value based on category management excellence and through applying a professional procurement approach. Drives category expertise through an understanding of supply markets/trends, cost drivers and the impact to Lonza’s business model. Works closely with key stakeholders to develop effective category strategies that enable step change improvements in quality, service, innovation and sustainable annual cost reductions and value creation. Incorporates knowledge of internal and external manufacturing capabilities to support make vs. buy decisions. Develop supplier relationships that leverage supplier capabilities, improve supply continuity and reduce total cost of ownership. Effectively prioritize work incorporating Operations, Quality and Business Unit requirements. This position will be based in Alpharetta, GA or Morristown, NJ.
- Drive Procurement for the category Petrochemicals and Distribution Products Globally for Lonza Specialty ingredients
- Manage the relevant product supply process and enhance the overall effectiveness of the supply chain
- Develop and maintain market understanding and working knowledge of supply economics, processes and cost drivers for the relevant product portfolio, including staying abreast of new technologies.
- Interpret information and translate into actionable strategies and forward-looking analyses. Ensure sourcing objectives, actions and priorities are aligned both within Global Procurement and the stakeholders.
- Drive awareness of active supply issues clarifying business impact and lead resolution plans.
- Review Supplier Change Notices and work closely with Supplier Quality to prioritize and drive implementations.
- Work closely with Supplier Quality to monitor supplier performance metrics and actively participate in CAPA development, execution and closure plans – drive supplier accountability.
- Review supplier audit schedule, conduct pre audit meeting with supplier, participate in post supplier audit meetings; Attend supplier audits when feasible.
- Share rolling requirements forecasts with suppliers and work with Lonza manufacturing sites to develop effective inventory replenishment strategies.
- Deeply assess supply base to identify risks of supply disruptions within the supply chain.
- Support the development of negotiation plans for the overall category/sub-category.
- Plan, lead and execute negotiations of commercial terms and supply agreements.
- Key components of the negotiation strategy to include stakeholder input, negotiation objectives, Lonza interests, supplier interests, Lonza leverage points, supplier leverage points and a pre-programmed execution plan, which includes defined roles and responsibilities of the negotiation team.
- Work closely with key stakeholders to develop cost reduction strategies and implementation plans that meet business needs.
- Drive annual cost savings (includes year over year price reductions and cost avoidance with value generation) in each spend category/sub-category.
- Track savings programs in relative financial and sourcing repositories, forecast savings vs. standard and monitor actuals.
- Develop savings pipeline, champion and ensure implementation of ideas that will optimize TCO and communicate progress against targets.
SUPPLIER RELATIONSHIP MANAGEMENT
- Identify suitable suppliers and evaluate their capability.
- Identify and leverage global synergy opportunities with materials, suppliers and / or Lonza businesses
- Manage relationships with vendors acting as the primary point of contact within Lonza.
- Develop the supplier relationship according to the expectations per supplier segment.
- Review supplier performance and impact in the Lonza Network, manage supplier communication paying particular attention to EHS / Quality / Commercial compliance.
- Lead supplier relationship management and supplier development activities to ensure reliable high quality supply.
- Drive supplier performance, compliance and accountability thru supplier scorecards and performance metrics.
- Identify and engage with internal stakeholders, including Operations, Quality, Business Units, Corporate Functions and R&D.
- Clarify stakeholder requirements, drive proactive communications and include in strategy development and implementation.
- Bachelor’s degree minimum
- Preferred area of study: Purchasing, Engineering, Chemistry, Finance or Business
- Seven or more years of operations experience with 4-5 years in Procurement/Strategic Sourcing.
- Experience in a regulated industry preferred.
- Demonstrated experience in category management and strategic sourcing.
- Business and financial acumen and Strategic Sourcing expertise
People come to Lonza for the challenge and creativity of solving complex problems and developing new ideas in life sciences. In return, we offer the satisfaction that comes with improving lives all around the world. The satisfaction that comes with making a meaningful difference.
Lonza is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, religion, color, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, status as a qualified individual with disability, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.