MSAT Pilot Lead Scientist
United Kingdom, Slough
MSAT Pilot Lead Scientist
Today Lonza is a global leader in life sciences. We are more than 15,000 employees in more than 100 locations around the world. While we work in science, there’s no magic formula to how we do it. Our greatest scientific solution is talented people working together, devising ideas that help businesses to help people. In exchange, we let our people own their careers. Their ideas, big and small, genuinely improve the world. And that’s the kind of work we want to be part of.
We are looking for a MSAT Pilot Lead Scientist to join our Pilot Team based at our manufacturing site in Slough, UK. The successful candidate will lead the execution and technical transfer of new or existing processes (either USP or DSP) from both external and internal customers using a defined structured approach according to standard procedures.
- The role involves working closely with Process Development/R&T scientists and peers in the NPI team prior to and throughout the batch execution to resolve problems.
- The role is responsible for leading, planning and execution of logistical batch requirements, equipment, operational practices and technical processes either in USP or DSP including complex activities. On occasion, working outside normal core hours based on production and business needs.
- Proficient in preparing written process documentation in collaboration with external customers as well as other cross functional project team members to provide assurance of process suitability to scale to cGMP manufacturing.
- The role will leverage a broad knowledge base of both company commercial business activities and personal knowledge and experience to resolve complex technical issues and coach and mentor junior team members.
- BSc/BEng/MSc (or equivalent) in biological science or biochemical engineering disciplines
- Recognized and credible expert in field of relevance e.g. USP or DSP pilot operations from working in a relevant industrial or academic environment, ability to technically understand and lead complex non routine unit operations with a proven track record of successful technical support expertise. Has a understanding of manufacturing process as a whole and also Lonza’s business practices
- Has developed proficiency in structured data analysis, applies project management techniques to complete multiple routine tasks, challenging and contributing department specific improvements
- Demonstrated high level interpersonal skills working cross functionally both with internal and external customers Experience in working in cross functional project management and technical activities with an ability to multi task, prioritize and be an effective decision maker and trainer of others
- Proven problem solver and implementing improvements, has an excellent technical attention to detail, communication skills both written and verbal, interpersonal qualities with a continuous improvement positive mind set.
People come to Lonza for the challenge and creativity of solving complex problems and developing new ideas in life sciences. In return, we offer the satisfaction that comes with improving lives all around the world. The satisfaction that comes with making a meaningful difference.