United Kingdom, Slough
Today Lonza is a global leader in life sciences. We are more than 15,000 employees in more than 100 locations around the world. While we work in science, there’s no magic formula to how we do it. Our greatest scientific solution is talented people working together, devising ideas that help businesses to help people. In exchange, we let our people own their careers. Their ideas, big and small, genuinely improve the world. And that’s the kind of work we want to be part of.
We are currently looking for a QC Scientist- Biochemistry to be join our Centre of Excellence for biopharmaceutical process development and small-scale GMP manufacturing in Slough, UK.
- To provide technical support within the Biochemistry teams ensuring flawless execution of work.
- To ensure compliance with GMP, Regulatory, Global and Site requirements
- To assist in quality records (deviations, CAPAs, investigations, change controls), protocols, reports, and SOPs in the department
- Conduct biochemical testing and review assays for release, stability, validation, method transfer and qualification studies against standard operating procedures, protocols and GMP
- Critically assess all results and report any observations or concerns to QC management in a timely manner
- Identify, assess and implement assay/process improvement projects
- Train staff to reinforce best practice. Generate and improve training packages
- To support junior members of the team within Biochemistry
What we need you to have:
- Bachelors’ degree (or equivalent) in a relevant scientific area: Biochemistry, Biotechnology or Biological Sciences preferred
- Experience in a QC role in a biopharmaceutical environment with prior exposure to performing analyses, technical and quality review of assays, audit trail reviews and contributing to quality records
- Experience and expertise in the release and stability testing of biopharmaceutical products
- Comfortable providing technical support to other colleagues
- An effective communicator, able to articulate concisely and with precision, both verbally and in written English
Every day, Lonza’s products and services have a positive impact on millions of people. For us, this is not only a great privilege, but also a great responsibility. How we achieve our business results is just as important as the achievements themselves. At Lonza, we respect and protect our people and our environment. Any success we achieve is no success at all if not achieved ethically.
People come to Lonza for the challenge and creativity of solving complex problems and developing new ideas in life sciences. In return, we offer the satisfaction that comes with improving lives all around the world. The satisfaction that comes with making a meaningful difference.