Today Lonza is a global leader in life sciences. We are more than 15,000 employees in more than 100 locations around the world. While we work in science, there’s no magic formula to how we do it. Our greatest scientific solution is talented people working together, devising ideas that help businesses to help people. In exchange, we let our people own their careers. Their ideas, big and small, genuinely improve the world. And that’s the kind of work we want to be part of.
Our Bornem site develops and manufactures a wide range of innovative dosage forms for the biopharmaceutical and consumer health & nutrition industries and has evolved into a global player in high volume capsule manufacturing. We are currently looking for an EMEA Planner to join our team in Bornem. This role manages the customer order validation process for Hard Capsules (HC) EMEA by assigning, on a timely manner, the proper Make To Order (MTO)-flow and confirming the sales order with the corresponding MTO lead-time. This includes the management of order changes and aligning with the different internal stakeholders on the proper solution.
- Validate the new MTO-incoming sales orders by selecting the proper MTO-flow and confirming the ready-to-ship corresponding the MTO lead-time guidelines.
- Manage the KPI-report for order validations in all categories, identify issues/backlog and work out improvement plan or corrective actions
- Manage change requests on existing sales orders, by checking within planning department if modified delivery date of qty is possible from planning, scheduling point of view.
- Communicate clearly and timely on updates on change requests and provide explanation when requested changes are not possible.
- Support inventory health improvement process by identify opportunities to allocate available MTO-stock to new MTO orders and launch execution flow appropriately. Support includes inventory analysis and reporting.
- Manage all special MTO-flows that combine new production and stock allocation with or without additional process steps.
- Supporting the 2-plant process by preparing the production orders in both sites, ensuring proper link between two sites through purchase order
- Manage the internal sales order status of 2-plant orders to ensure flawless execution.
- A Bachelor degree in Supply Chain, Logistics or Engineering (or equivalent through experience) and 5 year experience in these fields
- Excellent PC skills with good knowledge of the Microsoft Office Suite and technical savvy required with high attention to details.
- Fluency in two of the following languages : Dutch, French and English
- Accurate close attention to details, excellent communication and organization skills
- Demonstrated ability to effectively manage multiple priorities and flexibility in managing shifts in demands
- Commitment to tasks with flexibility to changes or demands
- Display initiative, patience and a friendly attitude in a stress filled environment while working effectively with all levels within the organization
Every day, Lonza’s products and services have a positive impact on millions of people. For us, this is not only a great privilege, but also a great responsibility. How we achieve our business results is just as important as the achievements themselves. At Lonza, we respect and protect our people and our environment. Any success we achieve is no success at all if not achieved ethically.
People come to Lonza for the challenge and creativity of solving complex problems and developing new ideas in life sciences. In return, we offer the satisfaction that comes with improving lives all around the world. The satisfaction that comes with making a meaningful difference.