Today Lonza is a global leader in life sciences. We are more than 15,000 employees in more than 100 locations around the world. While we work in science, there’s no magic formula to how we do it. Our greatest scientific solution is talented people working together, devising ideas that help businesses to help people. In exchange, we let our people own their careers. Their ideas, big and small, genuinely improve the world. And that’s the kind of work we want to be part of.
Lonza in Visp is looking for a Production Scheduler. The Production Scheduler is responsible for proactively maintaining and continuously improving the production schedule. You will perform all duties to ensure the departmental schedules are accurate and communicated to all relevant departments to drive short term execution of plans. You ensure all schedules are created respecting existing labour and asset capacities and achievable based on planned material availabilities. You drive timely resolution of all scheduling conflicts with relevant stakeholders.
- Create, track and maintain the short term schedules to provide visibility to defined departments to drive short term execution of plans
- Drive optimization of schedules by balancing demand priorities against optimal production sequencing and efficient resource (facility/suite, equipment, staff, materials etc.) utilization
- Maintain detailed planning and scheduling parameters in planning system to allow optimal use of system scheduling functionality
- Generate relevant KPI and operational measures to support identification of trends or root causing of sub-optimal performance
- Maintain accurate production schedule, providing data for the MRP process to meet production demands
- Review documents such as production schedules, work orders, and staffing tables to determine personnel and materials requirements, and material priorities
- Monitor production data, including volume produced, consumption of raw materials, and quality control measures, using this information for continuous Improvement activities
- Bachelor or Master in Supply Chain or Business Management or related areas
- CPIM required
- Advanced experience in Supply Chain required, first experience in operations preferred
- Ability to use production scheduling and Business intelligence systems
- Strong analytical skills with the ability to define metrics (KPI’s) and identify issues through root cause analysis
- Good communication and presentation skills. Ability to present ideas in a clear and concise manner
Every day, Lonza’s products and services have a positive impact on millions of people. For us, this is not only a great privilege, but also a great responsibility. How we achieve our business results is just as important as the achievements themselves. At Lonza, we respect and protect our people and our environment. Any success we achieve is no success at all if not achieved ethically.
People come to Lonza for the challenge and creativity of solving complex problems and developing new ideas in life sciences. In return, we offer the satisfaction that comes with improving lives all around the world. The satisfaction that comes with making a meaningful difference.