Biologics Global Operations Controller and Visp Site Controller
Today Lonza is a global leader in life sciences. We are more than 15,000 employees in more than 100 locations around the world. While we work in science, there’s no magic formula to how we do it. Our greatest scientific solution is talented people working together, devising ideas that help businesses to help people. In exchange, we let our people own their careers. Their ideas, big and small, genuinely improve the world. And that’s the kind of work we want to be part of.
BU Global Operations Controller is a pivotal role to ensure the Biologics organization’s fiscal strength and growth. You will business partner with Biologics Operations Head in order to ensure Operations Strategy is translated into Financial Targets per site/asset. You will ensure proper flow of communication and coordination between operations and BU finance business partner and provide oversight of the Visp Site. In addition, you will lead all financial analysis for the site, provide services to all BU on site such as analysis, consolidation, reporting and support. Furthermore, you will be involved in various productivity activities (i.e. restructuring, efficiency initiatives, optimization…etc.) depending on the BU priorities. You will directly manage teams in 6 sites, overlooking and consolidating Biologics activities in all sites.
- Business Partner with Biologics Operation Head to provide finance leadership to the Operations Leadership team
- Provide financial direction and transparency to Visp Site Leadership Team, coordinate financial & business plan development, track performance management including required analysis and reporting
- Responsible for coordinating monthly closing and reporting activities across the sites in accordance with IFRS
- Monitor operational business performance indicators, analyze variances and prepare reconciliations to explain changes compared to target, prior year and latest outlook
- Develop monthly, quarterly and year-end financial reports, including periodic forecasts and outlooks
- Proactively work on continuous process improvements, simplification and harmonization of processes across sites
- Analyze product, portfolio and manufacturing choices by understanding complex costing systems/cost drivers and develop optimization recommendations
- Evaluate procedures employed in various departments and functions and ensure adequacy for internal control (lCS) purposes
- Provide costing and pricing information to support contracting process
- Perform other duties and analysis as assigned
- Extensive and in-depth controlling experience with thorough understanding of Financial Planning & Analysis (FP&A) in big, matrix, multinational environment
- Progressive career with increasing responsibilities within a closely related industry
- Previous experience in a comparable role with high level of visibility, complexity and accountability
- Ability to deliver and thrive in an aggressive growth environment
- Outstanding conceptual, analytical and strategic skills, coupled with a high energy level. Enjoys creative problem solving
- Proven ability to support complex business analysis including commercial deals, potential M&A transactions
- Extensive experience as a "Business Partner" with commercial mind-set to help define business strategy and plans and to actively manage day to day operations
- Clear view of where the business needs to go in the next years - capability to frame and discuss strategic options for the business
- Demonstrated ability to achieve results in a complex, multi-functional, multi-geographical environment and matrixed organization
- Clear and concise written and oral communication with excellent interpersonal skills to rapidly establish credibility and trust among a broad range of individuals within and outside the company
- Strong formal and informal leadership skills to effectively define and implement a functional agenda
- Strong STEM (Science, technology, engineering, and mathematics) educational background in preferred, MBA beneficial
Every day, Lonza’s products and services have a positive impact on millions of people. For us, this is not only a great privilege, but also a great responsibility. How we achieve our business results is just as important as the achievements themselves. At Lonza, we respect and protect our people and our environment. Any success we achieve is no success at all if not achieved ethically.
People come to Lonza for the challenge and creativity of solving complex problems and developing new ideas in life sciences. In return, we offer the satisfaction that comes with improving lives all around the world. The satisfaction that comes with making a meaningful difference.